DH Cannot Believe I Cancelled!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
We have an annual Tourism Day at the Capitol during the Legislative Session followed that evening by a Legislative Reception by the lobby arm of our industry WV Hospitality & Travel Association. I have been going to Tourism Day since 1997 and staryed wirh the Reception probably in about 1999.
DH cannot believe I actually cancelled because in the past, I went - no matter what! I said I would be there so I was.
Although we have not been hammered as much as Muirford and Tedwin, there are people in town (other side of the river) who have not had power since Thursday! Last night we had snow that turned into rain when the temps went up for a brief time and then the temps dropped again and it made a sheet of ice for the new snow to come down on.
Maybe the tender spot on the back of my head was a reminder, but I told the Charleston people I have decided my car and I would like to get a bit older - we are staying home!
(Of course I WILL have to venture out today to get food for DH - the food in-house, of which there is a good supply, had fat in it. I need to go get him his fresh veggies - and it IS ME who has to make the trek!)

You made the right call. We're being swallowed up! And note the killer icecicles on the second floor. So much for Valentine's Day weekend...
lrg_Snow.JPG

You made the right call. We're being swallowed up! And note the killer icecicles on the second floor. So much for Valentine's Day weekend...
lrg_Snow.JPG
Sorry that you're missing all that Valentine's Day business. :-( I just got off the phone with my nephew in MD after hearing that BWI had gotten 72 inches of snow so far with all these storms and more to come! He has a tractor and has dug out and helped out his neighbors but they have been staying put. Federal Government will probably be closed again tomorrow. I was just up there before all this mess, thank goodness.
Stay warm! We might actually get snow showers here on Friday.......

The only good thing for me is I did not have any Valentines reservations to cancel so no anticipated revenue was lost for me. I have all heat off upstairs except in the bathrooms. And it has been snowing again for the last 3 hours!

lrg_Snow.JPG
Sorry that you're missing all that Valentine's Day business. :-( I just got off the phone with my nephew in MD after hearing that BWI had gotten 72 inches of snow so far with all these storms and more to come! He has a tractor and has dug out and helped out his neighbors but they have been staying put. Federal Government will probably be closed again tomorrow. I was just up there before all this mess, thank goodness.
You are soooo lucky you made it back home before all this stuff hit..or you could have been in MD till the spring thaw..whenever that will be. We didn't have it nearly as bad...this time..thankfully. OUr friend was coming over here in his 4 wheel drive to get our heat gun as ice has dam'd up and water was dripping in his bedroom windows :-( He just called to say he is now stuck in a 4 foot snow drift...waiting for his farmer neighbor to come with a tractor to plow and pull him out :-(
And he said their guests all called to say they would still be coming for the weekend...hmmmm I wonder???

lrg_Snow.JPG
You are soooo lucky you made it back home before all this stuff hit..or you could have been in MD till the spring thaw..whenever that will be. We didn't have it nearly as bad...this time..thankfully. OUr friend was coming over here in his 4 wheel drive to get our heat gun as ice has dam'd up and water was dripping in his bedroom windows :-( He just called to say he is now stuck in a 4 foot snow drift...waiting for his farmer neighbor to come with a tractor to plow and pull him out :-(
And he said their guests all called to say they would still be coming for the weekend...hmmmm I wonder???
We have all our rooms full except one and that room is coming in tomorrow. We are supposed to get snow HERE! Of course the tiniest bit will panic everyone here because they aren't used to it.

lrg_Snow.JPG
We have all our rooms full except one and that room is coming in tomorrow. We are supposed to get snow HERE! Of course the tiniest bit will panic everyone here because they aren't used to it.

lrg_Snow.JPG
You guys are supposed to get 2-4", right? Are they still predicting Savannah to get snow too??!

Back