Did I get kicked out of TA?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
We haven’t had a trip advis review since February. Do they turn us off for not advertising? We were closed frebruary through May. How to I turn back on?

Unless they've marked you as "closed," you shouldn't be turned off.
I would reach out to some recent guests and ask them to post a review, and then see what happens.
I have noticed over the past year more of my reviews going to Google than TA. Trying to get to that 1,000-review plateau before the year is out, but not looking likely.

We got one during the summer, but that’s it for the year. They don’t turn off your account.

As Mort said, they don't turn off accounts. You're there even if you don't want to be. I just checked and my last TA review was Sept. 2019! But of course I don't ask for reviews. On the whole, I think people are tired of being asked for reviews and writing reviews is not as commonly done as in the past.

A friend CLOSED several years ago, probably going on 10 years now. and even after she posted closed, and I wrote TWO REVIEWS stating that they were closed, last time I looked, she was still up.

we bought our B&B recently ( closed August 6th ) and received close to 40 reviews in the past 3 months on TA and Google. We do send out an email after departure and ask for a review. TA is so extremely important for business and people usually hate leaving reviews but everybody wants to read them prior to booking ( same here :) ). We track where our business is coming from and do get a lot of it through TA and Google search

You do have to pay for a business listing, TA extended some extra months too... I totally agree with witthuus, so many of our guests read lots of reviews, many commenting" once I read the reviews I didn't want to stay anywhere else"

You can try calling TA, they have been less available than pre-covid, not surprising, their revenue and staffing has been reduced

Not many people use TA anymore. I dropped my listing with them. Most people now days are posting on google.

We also put a link in our thank you email to guests for TA and Google. Some do, some don't

If your not spending a little money with TA your missing some bookings. We always send a follow up text asking for a google review but some just use TA which is fine too. Reviews are decision makers for many travelers.Your going to need those positive reviews on your list to compensate for the couple of bad ones you will get that you don't deserve.

Back