Did I say I don't get walk-ins?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Gotta love those GPS devices! Got a call tonight asking about availability. Told them price they said we are going to go eat and I said see you in about 2 hours and all will be ready. I became a whirlwind - even had to come back down because I heard a loud thud, sure enough, DH fell in the Library. He was using the vac and his crutch caught on his shirt sleeve and went out from under him. Had just straightened it up the other day so there were no sharp objects, he hit the secretary dumping a lot of it on the floor and he hit carpet. All is well and OK. Back upstairs to finish. The flowers are not the best but not going to get fresh ones at 7 p.m.
Just as they got here the timer went off to take the pretzels out of the oven. So they had hot homemade soft pretzels tonoght (and I was really in the mood for one so I made one extra for me that turned into my dinner since my dinner and their arrival also coinsided). And they come this way a couple times a month and they are first-timers!! Woohoo!! Already priming the pump for return visits! 2 rooms when I expected an empty house.

Hope DH is OK. All the work feels good when things like this happen, eh?

Woohoo for GPS!! Just got another one tonight! Taht is 3 room nights this week alone thanks to GPS! And once again - timing was perfect - pretzels came out of the oven as they arrived.

Woohoo for GPS!! Just got another one tonight! Taht is 3 room nights this week alone thanks to GPS! And once again - timing was perfect - pretzels came out of the oven as they arrived..
I really don't think it's GPS that made them find you. It was smelling those pretzels down the road. The aroma took control of their car and brought it to your driveway.
poke.gif

Woohoo for GPS!! Just got another one tonight! Taht is 3 room nights this week alone thanks to GPS! And once again - timing was perfect - pretzels came out of the oven as they arrived..
gillumhouse said:
Woohoo for GPS!! Just got another one tonight! Taht is 3 room nights this week alone thanks to GPS! And once again - timing was perfect - pretzels came out of the oven as they arrived.
And to think that GPS does this at no charge to us. (yet anyway) Way to go!
Even I have gotten some through GPS and i am off the beaten path that most of my town doesn't know we exist. I am loving it!

K did you blog your pretzels with photos? Close up shots. :) Put some info on there about guest comments and how they enjoy them too! I would love to see that.
I saw some new food pix yesterday from another Innmate and thought I really need to take some time to photograph food...I thought that, then went onto another innkeeper A.D.D. project...

K did you blog your pretzels with photos? Close up shots. :) Put some info on there about guest comments and how they enjoy them too! I would love to see that.
I saw some new food pix yesterday from another Innmate and thought I really need to take some time to photograph food...I thought that, then went onto another innkeeper A.D.D. project....
I saw some of the same pics you did...fabulous!

I saw some new food pix yesterday from another Innmate and thought I really need to take some time to photograph food...I thought that, then went onto another innkeeper A.D.D. project....
I did and I do but I think I will do another with some different shotw. I posted the photo I had here. I think I wll make some more and do a shot of a pretzrl dipping into the mustard with the comment of asking for more to purchase to take home.
The GPS from last night were talking this morning about stopping here on the way back to GA from Rochester, NY! He is retired Army - it came out in conversation with DH - and I told him he needs to sys so. I gave them the 15% military discount.

I really don't think it's GPS that made them find you. It was smelling those pretzels down the road. The aroma took control of their car and brought it to your driveway.
poke.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
poke.gif
No doubt it was the pretzels that pulled 'em in.
Either that or the coffee roasting.

Gotta love those GPS devices!Yeah, one just directed someone HERE! - It had to be the GPS, I don't make pretzels!
embaressed_smile.gif

Gotta love those GPS devices!Yeah, one just directed someone HERE! - It had to be the GPS, I don't make pretzels!
embaressed_smile.gif
They are real easy! Had another call this afternoon that was looking for bike riding. I suggested a rail-trail at a State Park as something they may want to explore while they were in that area this afternoon. Looks as if they decided to stay at the lodge - I hope. I am tired, still have Chapel, and we are going to the Capital in the morning. I really want my pillow.

I have had two walkins on a Sunday night it is unprecidented!.
Well I hope I do not get any tonight! We went to the Capital today for a motorcycle show at the Cultural Center. Then we managed to get himself to actually use a Jazzie! He loved it! And I was actually able to enjoy the State Museum.
If any of you are traveling through Charleston, WV spend the 2 hours seeing this museum. it is FREE and starts at the beginning with plants & rocks and works up to modern times. It is surprising how much of history has a tie to WV. Move at your own pace. I did not get photos of the museum (forgot to ask if i could) but I got lots of the motorcycle show for my blog...

One ot the men from this initial post called tonight. He is coming back - tonight. Told him I had band until 9 and he was OK with that. He called DH before I got home to say he will be later than expected and DH told him betre later than earlier. WOOHOO!

Back