Did you do anything for your first guest?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm open! I'm sooooooooo tired, from getting it all put together. This week I'll do the big push with marketing. It's hard when you live over 100 miles from the B&B! JBJ you better come, I want to pick your mind!

Yep! We did something special. We had not finished landscaping yet...and there was a dirt path between the houses. We had an unexpected downpour, so we put corrugated cardboard out there so they didn't have to walk in the mud! That's special!

I remember my first guests like it was yesterday. They were a couple from Kuwait visiting their daughter at a nearby school and they could not have been more wonderful! We were not officially open yet but they needed a place at the last minute and another B&B sent them to us. They invited us out to dinner with them but I was so nervous about preparing breakfast for them the next day that I could not have eaten a thing! I don't think I closed my eyes the whole night! Everything went beautifully the next morning and after that we were off and running. He paid me in cash with a $100.00 bill (our rates were much lower 12 years ago!) that I still have as a reminder of our first guests.

I'm open! I'm sooooooooo tired, from getting it all put together. This week I'll do the big push with marketing. It's hard when you live over 100 miles from the B&B! JBJ you better come, I want to pick your mind!.
Wow! Only minutes ago I submitted a question in the "Buying Inns" area of the forum. I see you live 100 miles away from your inn. How are you doing that exactly? If you have a moment, please go over to read my letter in that area of the forum. I would love to hear from you.

Back