Did you get hit on Mischief Night?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
I got serrendipitously egged. How about you? I figured it was coming. I had Karma from when I was a kid and threw 50 lbs of gravy train dog food in the neighbors swimming pool.

our 'mischief nite' is tonite. hopefully not as i didn't do 'mischief' on anyone

Funny, mischief night was something I'd never heard of until I moved to VT and my kids went to jr high. But, no, that doesn't seem to be something that's done around here.
I'm still laughing about the 50 lbs of dog food in the pool, tho.

Have never heard of it...tell us what it is (other than the name, which I can picture)

When we were kids it was popular to go "knick knacking" on Mischief Night. This involved throwing kernels of Indian corn at people's front doors/windows. We thought we were pretty hot stuff, only problem was our town was so small everyone knew exactly who was throwing that stuff at them! It was harmless.

No problems here. I never really understood the concept of Mischief night. Wouldn't you think it would be the day after Trick or Treat? Common sense would dictate that if you didn't get any candy from the crabby neighbor down the street, THEN you would egg their house.
Maybe its just me.

No problems here. I never really understood the concept of Mischief night. Wouldn't you think it would be the day after Trick or Treat? Common sense would dictate that if you didn't get any candy from the crabby neighbor down the street, THEN you would egg their house.
Maybe its just me..
River Wren said:
Maybe its just me.
Well without knowing it had a real name, when I grew up it was called "lack of parental supervision" night, aka Halloween...pumpkin smashing, running through strangers yards, any juvenile delinquent would get right into any mischief he could find, which is why many people had their lights out meaning stay off my lawn, that night.

Maybe its just me..
River Wren said:
Maybe its just me.
Well without knowing it had a real name, when I grew up it was called "lack of parental supervision" night, aka Halloween...pumpkin smashing, running through strangers yards, any juvenile delinquent would get right into any mischief he could find, which is why many people had their lights out meaning stay off my lawn, that night.
Joey Bloggs said:
River Wren said:
Maybe its just me.
heheheh....funny you should mention that. I was just on the phone with a friend who is chaining his doberman out in the front yard as we speak, with the addition of a spiked collar for maximum effect.

Gee, we just went trick or treating. Heard lots of stories of the "good old days" with the overturned outhouses (ours was too big and solid for the boys on the road - plus my Mom made cookies that were too good to get her mad at them) and wagons put up on the barn roofs. Worst we ever did was soap a few windows.

Back