Didn't even have a chance...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
...to put up the 'check-in at 3' sign. ALL rooms were here before 11 AM.

YIKES!
whattha.gif
I hope you sent them on their way & they enjoyed seeing the sights & sites!
wink_smile.gif

my first one arrived 9.30 though was by prior arrangement came and had tea with her parents who were staying the friday and sat and was going to put her stuff in their room if her room wasn't avaliable
I was however super lucky as had 6 rooms check out by 8.30 as they had to be at things for 8.50 so her room was only 5 mins from being ready when she arrived! was really pleased as got everyone checked into ready rooms by 3pm! had a nice bath and veg in front of the tv!

I have to add that the positively-had-to-check-in-early-for-an-event showed up an hour late with a little kid (family member, not staying here) who proceeded to ransack the goodies left out for guests while I was trying to give directions to another guest and get the new arrival checked-in.
New arrival, late for the event, then asked me to sell her alcohol. Finally left the building 30 minutes late for her event. Hope she sent the little kid on ahead as she did not have him with her when she left.
I am sweltering here with the humidity but all of my guests are telling me it's gorgeous here compared to where they came from. So, I guess we're lucky to live where we do. But, that cold front can't get here soon enough.

Getting it all over in one weekend...guy smoking cigar on the patio. EVERY stinkin' window in EVERY stinkin' guest room on the patio and my bedroom is opened to the patio. That damned cigar has stunk up the whole building.
And, they booked as a couple and 2 women showed up. (No, guy called me at 11 trying to get in the house, and he's the one smoking, but 2 women showed up to check in.) Please spare me. I do not need this.
Other guests hit the ice as they walked in and they walked out reeking of alcohol.
Deep breath. Concert starts in 15 minutes and fireworks in 2 hours. That's what I'm focusing on.

Back