Differance between Bed and Breakfast and Inn's

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES! And B&B's are not always historic homes, they can be cabins or new structures.
wink_smile.gif

PS Mr Bill there is a major typo on your header. If you look at the name of this forum you will see what I mean (although we have the addtl N).
Not getting what you mean "typo" where?
mrbill said:
"Inspring vistas..." s/b inspiring?
ahhh yes..5 years and not a person has mentioned it . Good eye. Thanks!
Mr. Bill, I guess that no one has said anything about some typos on your Special Events page either :) I think you have "partitions" not "petitions" on your decks and that you have an open air deck, not "desk". It might be difficult to put a whole bunch of people on a desk. tee hee....
We innkeepers notice the details....
Thanks you guys !! NOW IM REALLY STUPID.major typos
help.gif

I went to look at your website and I'm getting some weird results...there are a bunch of red blocks at the top of the rooms pages that are all different sizes. Are they supposed to be links or look like a brick wall or something? They're all over the place.
As a guest I have a question on pricing...rooms on one floor are one price, but rooms on another floor are different...how do I know which rooms are on which floor?
Sounds like you have a great location! That's quite the view from the balcony...wow!

Really it depends on where you are. Inns and bed and breakfasts can operate in identical manners. Some areas define them by number of rooms only. In some areas the term "bed and breakast inn" is not uncommon. That covers all bases I guess.

YES! And B&B's are not always historic homes, they can be cabins or new structures.
wink_smile.gif

PS Mr Bill there is a major typo on your header. If you look at the name of this forum you will see what I mean (although we have the addtl N).
mrbill said:
Mr. Bill, I guess that no one has said anything about some typos on your Special Events page either :) I think you have "partitions" not "petitions" on your decks and that you have an open air deck, not "desk". It might be difficult to put a whole bunch of people on a desk. tee hee....
We innkeepers notice the details....
Thanks you guys !! NOW IM REALLY STUPID.major typos
help.gif

Sorry...didn't mean to make you feel stupid. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees on our own sites when it comes to those kind of errors. If I had that view of your river though, that would be the header on every page of my web site
regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
Sorry...didn't mean to make you feel stupid. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees on our own sites when it comes to those kind of errors. If I had that view of your river though, that would be the header on every page of my web site
regular_smile.gif
You mean like our innkeeper friend in the New River Valley - I am sorry I am always referring to her for those with VIEW inns, but her brochure absolutely BLEW ME AWAY. Let me find it...
Here is her brochure - it is awesome (PDF format)
Here is her website
Yes, Linda does a fantastic job. I helped her the last few days before she opened, and the view standing on the balcony looks like an oil painting! That river is amazing!
Riki

In our area a B&B is around 5 rooms give or take, and only are allowed to serve breakfast and snacks. It does not matter if the breakfast is buffet, served or family style.
Here an inn is usually 8 or more rooms, but most importantly they have a restaurant that serves dinner and sometimes lunch as well. That's the main difference.
But a lot of us call ourselves, "bed and breakfast inn" and I think that's because it sounds better. Sometimes just "Arcady Bed and Breakfast" sounds incomplete compared to "Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast Inn"
You'll find different definitions in different areas, but I've never heard the style of breakfast service being one of them?
RIki

wink_smile.gif

mrbill said:
Wow Mrbill, I think my daughter and son-in-law stayed at your place about 3 weeks ago. Loved it!

Back