Difficult news

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anon Inn

Reaction score
My better half rehabbed two historic houses to create this inn. For the past twelve years it has been not only our home but because of his talent, craftsmanship and dogged hard work, a part time home for many others. It has been joyful for the both of us. As of a week ago, he is no longer here to share this joy.
If spirits can remain among us, surely his is in these very walls, and it that way will continue to welcome visitors for the foreseeable future.
Hold those you love close this Thanksgiving.
heart.gif

I am so sorry to hear this. Please accept my condolences.
Yes, he WILL be there always in your memory and in the memories of past guests. Often a story will come up with a guest about interaction with Himself. For Gillum House, he lives through his paintings. Yours through every aspect of the house.
I amtruly sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. May his memory always be a blessing to you.

Sometimes Shelley and I will talk about what happens if either one of us passes away unexpectedly. It is an unpleasant conversation as we have to be realistic. There is a pain that I feel thinking about life without Shelley.
But I cannot begin to imagine the absolute REAL pain you must feel. I am so sorry for your loss.
Chris

I am so very sorry for your loss. Yes, he will live on through you, through what he worked on with his hands. I believe this. I hope you find comfort.
heart.gif

So very sorry to hear this news. His memory will carry on with you and in those walls he worked so hard to create. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Your pain is so real, may your partners memory be a blessing to you and yours.❤️

Sometimes Shelley and I will talk about what happens if either one of us passes away unexpectedly. It is an unpleasant conversation as we have to be realistic. There is a pain that I feel thinking about life without Shelley.
But I cannot begin to imagine the absolute REAL pain you must feel. I am so sorry for your loss.
Chris.
Planning does help. I had been doing an increasing part of the work over the past few years. We have had several end of life discussions in the last couple of years, both spiritual and nuts and bolts practical. Both knew where key documents and access information was for almost everything.
if you have children, have your affairs in order, a will, trust or transfer on death arrangements made. These can be altered as life evolves. For those of us ‘of a certain age’, leaving affairs in order and easily accessed is a loving gift.
❤️

Chris.
Planning does help. I had been doing an increasing part of the work over the past few years. We have had several end of life discussions in the last couple of years, both spiritual and nuts and bolts practical. Both knew where key documents and access information was for almost everything.
if you have children, have your affairs in order, a will, trust or transfer on death arrangements made. These can be altered as life evolves. For those of us ‘of a certain age’, leaving affairs in order and easily accessed is a loving gift.
❤️
That is VERY True. Do not expect anyone to read your mind. Himself & I had done likewise.
I have already started divesting. I recently, instead of accepting the refusal to accept a sponsorship donation that was applied to a payment plan for a painting, I used that sponsorship as the payment (she wrote the check for the full total owed ignoring the sponsorship) and added to the paid in full receipt in consideration for xxx.xx the 4 paintings known as the _____ Collection were now the property of. Also have a Will and my oldest who is the executor knows where things are. I also have a friend in town who knows ALL and can help. And with a bit more effort on my part, I will get all the #$%^& tubs of paper gone through before they have to just toss it.
These ARE the gifts of a loving person. My friend who had cancer, not only had her funeral planned & paid for, but had her obit and eulogy written out too. My obit is on my computer ready for the second date. (without myMom'smaiden name or anything a hacker could use I hope).

Praying for you during this time! The pain is real and hard.

So very sorry for your loss. I hope you can find comfort in knowing that we are all thinking of you.

Please accept my sympathy, in it's truest sense -- we all sympathize with the loss of a partner in one of the most personal "mom and pop" businesses there is. Being prepared only helps with a little of the regret for deeds undone and words unspoken, but not the loss.

Just wondering how you are ....
heart.gif
seashanty said:
heart.gif
Thank you for asking her. Many of us (meaning ME) have been remiss on asking. Anon, I hope you are doing OK - but do not just say you are if it is not so. We are here to listen as that is all we can do at this distance.

heart.gif
Overall, OK.
Getting the required stuff done, one or more per day.
Handled guests over Christmas. Strangely it helped to have others in the house. I didn't tell them, mainly I was after normalcy and busyness.
Neighbors and friends have been so, so wonderful.
Still stunned in a way. People say that will be true for quite a while.
Thanks for asking, the check-ins help cumulatively.
heart.gif

And Gillum, we've communicated about spring plans. Still intending to visit. I'll have to block out the time soon before someone books in the time frame.
Happy New Year and love to all.

Back