Digital Photo Frame

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Do any of you have a digital photo frame in a guest area for guests to view?
I have thought of doing this with pics of the area, and things to see and do, esp if I can get a decent amount of pics on there that slideshow. Buy.com has a great deal right now. Not all are created equal, so have very small viewing areas.

Here it is for sale at amazon for $169.99
I just bought it from Buy.com, I will let you know how we like it. If I don't love it, then it will be given to the NANA AND DA PAPA for Christimas. tee hee

I just bought it from Buy.com, I will let you know how we like it. If I don't love it, then it will be given to the NANA AND DA PAPA for Christimas. tee hee.
Well duh..that's a no brainer...great price. How many photos will it hold? I didn't spend any time looking at it.
catlady said:
Well duh..that's a no brainer...great price. How many photos will it hold? I didn't spend any time looking at it.
12 rotate at once, but it just depends on the card you stick in it, it also plays VIDEO!
It is at wamrt for $99 right now. Good reviews on it

My guess is that it will rotate more than 12. The 12 is how many you can have display in thumbnail at one time. It should cycle through as many as you can fit on the size card it will handle.
I got one for my Dad (a Kodak). Hadn't thought of putting them in guest rooms. It is an interesting idea.
The problem might be the backlight, might not want it on all night in a guestroom (bright). I know the Kodak had a feature where you could set it to turn off in the dark. That would be a good feature for any going into guestrooms.

My guess is that it will rotate more than 12. The 12 is how many you can have display in thumbnail at one time. It should cycle through as many as you can fit on the size card it will handle.
I got one for my Dad (a Kodak). Hadn't thought of putting them in guest rooms. It is an interesting idea.
The problem might be the backlight, might not want it on all night in a guestroom (bright). I know the Kodak had a feature where you could set it to turn off in the dark. That would be a good feature for any going into guestrooms..
swirt said:
The problem might be the backlight, might not want it on all night in a guestroom (bright). I know the Kodak had a feature where you could set it to turn off in the dark. That would be a good feature for any going into guestrooms.
I was thinking of in the parlor, I know you don't have that there, but dining room?
The photos I put on might have to have a title - just so guests know what it is, or we can discuss. I will see how it goes, I have thought of doing this for a year or so, but the price is NOW RIGHT.

The problem might be the backlight, might not want it on all night in a guestroom (bright). I know the Kodak had a feature where you could set it to turn off in the dark. That would be a good feature for any going into guestrooms..
swirt said:
I was thinking of in the parlor, I know you don't have that there, but dining room?
The photos I put on might have to have a title - just so guests know what it is, or we can discuss. I will see how it goes, I have thought of doing this for a year or so, but the price is NOW RIGHT.
That might work, I guess it all depends on how much time people spend in the parlor. I was thinking of it more as a "room book" not for policies but for restarants, parks and other attractions. Putting some titles on the photos would be perfect. I would say you probably couldn't go wrong putting them either place... you know how I love a good experiment ;)

swirt said:
That might work, I guess it all depends on how much time people spend in the parlor. I was thinking of it more as a "room book" not for policies but for restarants, parks and other attractions. Putting some titles on the photos would be perfect. I would say you probably couldn't go wrong putting them either place... you know how I love a good experiment ;)
swirt said:
The guest room issue is ROOM. I just have so very little space put stuff in the rooms. Whatever I add takes a guest space away from them.
The Parlor is where i have my basket of brochures, books and games cupboard. I try to get guests to sit in there with their coffee or magazine for tourism stuff. Of course I could put it in the foyer on a desk as well, I will try both places. People would be more prone to view it if sitting down, imo.

We have a kodak in the entrance way, for guests , but mostly for wedding consults... It's ok, holds hundreds of photos...has sound. Few minor bugs, makes a buzzing noise sometimes when plugged in but turned off and has recently been getting stuck on one image... check the reviews before buying, ours was a gift, so we don't feel the pain...if we'd bought it, it would be going back...

My digital photo frame arrived today at 230pm. You can plug it into your pc (like in a cubicle setting) or a wall outlet. It is very nice and has some neat features like music. It is remote control operated as well. It accepts all popular memory cards - SD, CF, MS, SM.
I quickly made a folder called FRAME and threw a bunch of AREA type photos on there and slammed them onto a 2 gig sd card. The images need to be 200K or larger for good resolution. I had one at 185 and it was a bit fuzzy wuzzy.
I popped it in, turned it on and a slideshow began rotating and phasing in and out of each photo. About 4 seconds per photos.
I will show the fam before putting it out in the guest area. I figure at most I will turn it on in the am's when folks haev their coffee in the parlor. I have not read if it goes on standby or what to do about that yet. I have yet to read the manual, I will do that in a little while.
But so far so good! Nice crisp photos as many as your card will hold.

Final update on the digital photo frame. I have it in the parlor and turn it on when I turn the music on when we put the coffee out in the am's. Guests love it! And of course most of them after seeing it want to buy one.
You can play music, a slideshow, a video or photos. You just pop in a memory card - any size any variety. I have a 2 gig card in there and have about 40 pics rotating. I will work on this over the winter to get some new pics on there. I just popped them on in a hurry to plug the thing in. I keep all my photos organized, so I have a file for blog/tourist type pics that I can easily grab.

I really like that idea!!
regular_smile.gif

Final update on the digital photo frame. I have it in the parlor and turn it on when I turn the music on when we put the coffee out in the am's. Guests love it! And of course most of them after seeing it want to buy one.
You can play music, a slideshow, a video or photos. You just pop in a memory card - any size any variety. I have a 2 gig card in there and have about 40 pics rotating. I will work on this over the winter to get some new pics on there. I just popped them on in a hurry to plug the thing in. I keep all my photos organized, so I have a file for blog/tourist type pics that I can easily grab..
That is a really super idea!

I just bought it from Buy.com, I will let you know how we like it. If I don't love it, then it will be given to the NANA AND DA PAPA for Christimas. tee hee.
I like it, I like it a lot. I've always wanted one of those and it would make a great Christmas gift.
If you buy it at www.freeshipping.org
and then click on Amazon of course, you can get free 2 days shipping.

I like it, I like it a lot. I've always wanted one of those and it would make a great Christmas gift.
knowlesl said:
Buy.com bayyyyybe. You get free shipping and they have the best deals around! I get everything 'digital' from them. Compare prices on an item from them with Amazon and you will see.
I think it would make an excellent gift if you loaded the memory card and gave it to grandparents. Some use digital cameras, but might not want to put their card into this. I would recommend getting a card just for this frame. Again buy.com you can get HUGE cards for really cheap!

knowlesl said:
Buy.com bayyyyybe. You get free shipping and they have the best deals around! I get everything 'digital' from them. Compare prices on an item from them with Amazon and you will see.
I think it would make an excellent gift if you loaded the memory card and gave it to grandparents. Some use digital cameras, but might not want to put their card into this. I would recommend getting a card just for this frame. Again buy.com you can get HUGE cards for really cheap!
I just noticed that www.freeshipping.org has buy.com listed as well. So if you go to that site and then click on buy.com you get $10 off your order of $200 or more plus free shipping. I'd better hurry as that special is over on Oct. 31.
Thanks Junie

Absolutely love this idea! I have been saying we need a 'photo album' in the parlor... this is WAYYYYY better!
Thanks! I'll go looking.

Back