Directions or information about your immediate area you purposefully withhold?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If you recall I spoke of a small historic main street community in the mountains that also houses the state prison for the criminally insane. I said a loud as I drove OUT that way and hadn't seen it on the exit off the highway in "Jeez I know which way THAT innkeeper gives directions in!"
Is there anything near you which you avoid giving in directions? ie "Turn right at the State Mental Institution...look for the armed guard tour we are just the next house over..."
Any landmarks you are hesitant to point out?

Divided here...I usually give directions that bypass downtown so arriving guests can avoid the stop and go traffic. And then they get all surprised when they go for a walk and see everything. 'I wish you had TOLD us all of that was there we wouldn't have stayed in our room!'
Huh? Why did you come here?
I also bypass the big city downtown with my directions because the on and off traffic can be wild at times.
But nothing that it would bother me or scare them if they saw.

We live waaaaay out in the Boonies. There are two ways to get here. I steer guests clear of a trashy trailer park that is a known den for meth heads. If anyone asks, I just indicate that the given route is more scenic.
As far as living near a prison for the criminally insane, how is that different from running a Bed and Breakfast?
smiley-whacky011.gif

I bring guests in via a route that avoids a nasty hill and almost 90 degree turn. I also avoid telling them to turn at the funeral home if possible.

I try not to forget, and therefore often don't mention, the little liquor store 1 block over.

I try not to forget, and therefore often don't mention, the little liquor store 1 block over..
domsmom said:
I try not to forget, and therefore often don't mention, the little liquor store 1 block over.
That's funny, because one of the first questions we get asked when guest arrive is "Where's the nearest liquor store?" (We live in a dry county)

I try not to forget, and therefore often don't mention, the little liquor store 1 block over..
domsmom said:
That's funny, because one of the first questions we get asked when guest arrive is "Where's the nearest liquor store?" (We live in a dry county)
Proud Texan said:
domsmom said:
Or the nearest bar. That's one we get a lot.

Back