Directories and Bookings

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I had a strange idea pop into my head yesterday...as I have another renewal for a B&B directory before me which I am not renewing this year - and giving TA a chance to prove itself instead.
I know a few from the forum had been at an innkeeping conference this week where they were given plenty of innformation - - What if, when all is said and done we actually get NO bookings from the B&B directories? What if it is all or mostly organic listing in google and other search engines...what if...after all - our local CVB and Websites are the only thing truly driving guests to our doors?
Your thoughts?
Does your conversion rates show different?

State & local websites are right up there. Google Local is RIGHT up there. TA gets a lot of 'that's where I found you'. Directories not so much. Just bandb.com. They are still driving the traffic.

According to Google Analytics it is Google (people searching directly for our Inn name which might be a reflection of TA searches), then B&B.com, then bbfinder.
I know we've had this discussion many times here and I am not judging anyone who uses the TA monster to their advantage. But I simply refuse to give that site a dime of my money until they get some accountability from their reviewers. Perhaps I'll end up trying to survive purely on my ideals but so be it.

Back