Directory Debate Continued- Should we renew?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a nickel for every directory we're listed on, we wouldn't need as many guests.
Has everyone heard of www.innstar.com ?
It is a website dedicated to rating and ranking the various B&B directory websites. Nearly every ranking we've chekced out there was pretty accurate and the site is pretty comprehensive on informtion about the directory sites.
When we started out, we got listings on a few of the big, five star rated ones, a few four star and so on and so on.
Our conclusion after only a year or two was that the lower ranked and cheaper listings were a waste of money. Its far more efficient to have fewer listings and try to affordthe higher categories on the best rted ones..
I am listed on a couple of the "big guys", I replaced bandb with purpleroofs. I am getting hits but it is early in the season so do not know about bookings yet. Have had some same sex in the past - none of my business, the revenue is my business.
A woman I used to work with will be here on her honeymoon in July as they go back to Illinois from MA where they can get married. Her van with PFLAG1 and rainbow decals all over it has been parked in front of my place before with nary a nick nor dent appearing so I guess the area does not care either.
I look at the inexpensive sites as pellets in the shotgun shell. Just another link for the search engines to find me on. I get hits from all of them from time to time. Something must be working because I usually come up on the first page of searches for my State.
I usually have a few guests from purple roof every year too.

Back