Directory Gift Cards

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone! Its good to be back on here. Most of our storm clean up is complete Now I can come out to play!
I have had so many problems with their GC program. I have called and they don't really care that I have had people really mad at me because I'm listed on their site and I do not take their GC. They really need to figure out what to do with this. It makes us look bad and people get upset.
I had a company not to long ago ask If we wanted to start a GC program for Inn Rewards. I do not feel now is the time to roll something like that out. I am open to that in the future but one thing at a time. I hope all of you have had a great weekend!.
Glad you're all 'cleaned up'!
Eons ago bb.com DID a drastic overhaul to the GC program based on legitimate griping from the gang here. They made it easier to find which B&B's take the GC's, but it obviously still needs work.
And now that John has left the company there is no one from B&B that openly reads the posts here.
It only makes me believe they think we all will get fed up with guests being mad at US and bite the bullet and join the program. If we could only get the GC holders to be as angry with them as they are with innkeepers who do not accept the GC we may see change - then again maybe not!
GC's are an amazing money-maker as everyone knows. What's the % that never get redeemed? It's a shot to the bottom line with almost zero effort. There is 0 incentive to make it easier on the guest or the innkeeper.
There is no real online place to gripe about the bad user experience so the GC buyer has no idea how hard it might be to find a place to use the GC.
If we ever decide to do a GC program for InnRewards I would like to figure out away to make it work without any %. I don't know that that is possible but Im sure if it is, everyone would take them. Then the problem is solved. I have had 3 or 4 this year book and I had to refund their deposit. Its been a real mess. BB doesn't care, I have talked to them.
Personally I hope InnRewards steers clear of GCs. Complication - how to pay the innkeeper, how to validate the GC, someone has to do all the paperwork, taxes, deal with IRS filing........
gillumhouse said:
Personally I hope InnRewards steers clear of GCs. Complication - how to pay the innkeeper, how to validate the GC, someone has to do all the paperwork, taxes, deal with IRS filing........
I agree! I think it's best to keep things simple.

Back