Disclaimer "For Sale" on Confirmation email ?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to take a different tack in responding by asking what seems to me a more fundamental question you hinted at. The other posts already made good points. My comment, or question is, have you analyzed what your property is worth if sold as a residence, versus as a B&B, and which way to pursue the marketing of it? If not, why not? It sounds like this has not been done or you wouldn't be making the comment you did that you don't know which way it will be sold, etc. It strikes me that you, and/or your real estate agent and/or advisors familiar with the two markets/sale prices either way, etc. would want to have done that exercise, picked a path, and pursued it to the possible exclusion of the other. That would then answer the question you asked. If you've determined your highest likely price - assuming that's what you're looking to maximize - is as a B&B, then you want to take all the bookings you can as that's an asset to a prospective buyer. If you're going to sell as a house, your local real estate agents should be able to give you an idea of time on the market to a sale for houses at your price point, style, location, etc. Seems like that one analysis and the strategy decision as to what you are marketing for sale will give you the answer to your question that others have commented on? Or am I missing something?

Back