Discount multiple night stays?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I have recently seen the discounting of multiple night stays like below:
Example of room rates:
One Night $200 per night
Two Nights $180 per night
Three Nights $160 per night
Does anyone have a price structure like this and how well does it work?
Do you have people complaining about the one night rate or ecstatic about the discounted two or more nights? Just wondering how well this works. Thanks.

I discount multiple night stays by 10% Sunday through Thursday. Not too much said either way. Before this, I had a guest ask if we had any "specials." It might have helped me fill some weeknights.

Hubs just asked if we should give a discount for booking 2 (different) rooms.
I don't think it makes a bit of difference here. Not many guests ask if we discount for multiple nights and if they do I tell them we don't discount in the summer.

I do it. I gave a 20% discount for a 4 night stay in my most expensive room ($185/night). It is well worth it to seal the deal ;-)

I have a reservation coming in tomorrow for 4 nights on my Police/Military discount (15% this time of year), but the discounts have not seemed to have been the deal makers or breakers. If I have an event in town or in the area, I offer 2 nights at the regular rate and a third night for $50. I have had a few use that - but not a lot. I am getting a lot of weekday business this year. It is phenominal and I love it.
What seems to be working this year is the Bike N Winery ads that offer a $10 discount - enough to make them tell me where they saw the ad!

No we do not do much discounting. Cooperate yes. I usually tell multiple nights that the rates are low already.
Which they are.

I am not sure I would present it like that. Maybe something like Discount for Multiple Nights stay or "15% discount for 3 night stay" I wouldn't discount for anything less than 3 nights...that is not in your best interest I don't think..unless you have your rooms overpriced so that you can do that.

I am not sure I would present it like that. Maybe something like Discount for Multiple Nights stay or "15% discount for 3 night stay" I wouldn't discount for anything less than 3 nights...that is not in your best interest I don't think..unless you have your rooms overpriced so that you can do that..
The POs' here did a 10% discount for 3 nights or more. And then a business discount on top of that.
We did the 10% off for a year and then canned it. It was just too much off the top. So, now we do $10 off for repeats. And $10 off in the winter, but only repeats get a summer season discount. And if they're grumpy repeats, or peak weekend only repeats, they don't get anything.

We do 10% for just about any reason, including extended stays. For seven days or more I have been willing to negotiate for lower rates.
=)
Kk.

My situation is a bit different since I have suites. When I turn a suite over, I clean 1200 sq. feet. It is like a small house. So a one night stay pays alot more.
1st suite still has the old bathroom and the kitchen I fix breakfast from.
1 night =$80
2 or more nights = $70 a night
week =$350
Suite we just opened that has been totally redone with new bathroom.
1 night=$150
2 or more nights=$100 a night
1 week=$500

I do. I give a 10% discount on the 3rd consecutive night and every consecutive night thereafter..
Hi and welcome to INNspiring.com. Thanks for contributing.
Just a suggestion, you may want to go to "My Account" in the left column and change your username. Using your email address as your username is a bit like taking out an ad asking for extra spam. Not spam from this forum, but the spam from every other spam-bot out there looking for easy email addresses.

I give discounts to repeat customers and military. Usually about $10.00 off the room rate.
I am working on a second and/or third night discount.

I do. I give a 10% discount on the 3rd consecutive night and every consecutive night thereafter..
Just a suggestion, you may want to go to "My Account" in the left column and change your username. Using your email address as your username is a bit like taking out an ad asking for extra spam. Not spam from this forum, but the spam from every other spam-bot out there looking for easy email addresses.
Done. Thank you!

Done. Thank you!
artesiahouse said:
Done. Thank you!
Welcome to the forum Artesia House! Glad you rolled in.

I am not sure I would present it like that. Maybe something like Discount for Multiple Nights stay or "15% discount for 3 night stay" I wouldn't discount for anything less than 3 nights...that is not in your best interest I don't think..unless you have your rooms overpriced so that you can do that..
That's EXACTLY what I do - 15% discount for a stay of 3 nights or more. I also have lower weekday rates in the summer.
However - this will change for next year. I don't believe the 3 night discount makes a significant difference. I think only a handful of guests decided to tack on an extra night to get the discount - those that were here for 3 nights or more, were mostly going to be here for 3 nights or more anyway. I WILL keep the weekday discount. During these precious, exhausting, summer months I want to be as full as I possibly can be. If I have one room, I may as well have four. Weekends, people will take whatever they can take, mid week there is a little more leeway and I want to be the inn of choice.

When someone calls how do y'all keep it all straight?
2 nights mid week is this, 2 nights weekend is this, 3 nights is that...etc etc.
Do you simply ASK for the dates and ONLY tell them the rates for those dates? Or do you just give them the range, our room rates start at $125 and go to $185?
I just took a call "How much are your rates?" I asked for the date, and there wasn't one, he is checking around. Then I told him and he said "Is it the same year round?"

When someone calls how do y'all keep it all straight?
2 nights mid week is this, 2 nights weekend is this, 3 nights is that...etc etc.
Do you simply ASK for the dates and ONLY tell them the rates for those dates? Or do you just give them the range, our room rates start at $125 and go to $185?
I just took a call "How much are your rates?" I asked for the date, and there wasn't one, he is checking around. Then I told him and he said "Is it the same year round?".
See that is they way I feel. Why make things any more complicated than they have to be. I had one price for each room ..anytime of the year...take it or leave it!
I do the same amount of work for a weekday guest as I did for a weekender. so why should I cut my rates???? Given that...there were days when I was in a good mood and when someone really was sweet to me on the phone..that i may offer a discount and then again..I may not:)

I just had an evil thought. What if someone cancels the 2nd night of their stay and you being the genuinely kind innkeeper that you are offer them a GC for the one night.
Then you print it out and staple it to their statement and it is a BOGO GC!
Hey we don't have to give them squat, so maybe THIS is what we should be doing! Then we can guarantee another $$ or them NOT USING IT EVER!
(I said it was an evil thought) sneer snicker

Back