Discounts and Packages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
I am noticing more places where I've stayed in that past that rarely if ever offered discounts or discounted packaging that are offering this now. Tax stimulus or tax "rebates" in April. Packages this month for a discounted stay if you stay 2 nights and buy dinner. Things like that.
Has anyone come up with a cool, creative package or "discount"??

I have been too busy to post it yet, but I am planning to do 2-consecutive nights (not dinner packages) of rack rate and get $15 Jimmy's Diner Dollars. I may - still thinking this one - do 2 oz of fresh-roasted coffee beans of their country of choice.

We're celebrating the 40th anniversary of "VA for Lovers" campaign with stay 3 nights and get 4th free for April and May.

And the discounts keep coming - big chain email = Stay 2 nights on the weekend and get $50 off your next weekend Suite stay.

We're celebrating the 40th anniversary of "VA for Lovers" campaign with stay 3 nights and get 4th free for April and May..
I just wanted to say 'hugs' to you. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet part of the family.

We're celebrating the 40th anniversary of "VA for Lovers" campaign with stay 3 nights and get 4th free for April and May..
I just wanted to say 'hugs' to you. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet part of the family.
thanks, Hawley for your note (and everyone else who posted the other thread) today is better than yesterday which is better than the day before.

Our 3rd month of operation and still on the steep side of the learning curve. February was really good but we had almost no reservations for March. On our website I offered a 10% discount for 1 or 2 nights and 20% for 3+ night stays. It worked........ I pulled the discounts last night and raised the minimum age from 10 to 14. Live and learn....

Our 3rd month of operation and still on the steep side of the learning curve. February was really good but we had almost no reservations for March. On our website I offered a 10% discount for 1 or 2 nights and 20% for 3+ night stays. It worked........ I pulled the discounts last night and raised the minimum age from 10 to 14. Live and learn.....
Yeah, that learning curve is really steep the first year. Our first year we were like 'deer in the headlights'. When it slowed down a bit (in January) we were so tired we couldn't do anything.
This March is better than last March, but that's not saying much. However, we're getting more little projects done which is good.
So, what happened to make you change the age limit?

Our 3rd month of operation and still on the steep side of the learning curve. February was really good but we had almost no reservations for March. On our website I offered a 10% discount for 1 or 2 nights and 20% for 3+ night stays. It worked........ I pulled the discounts last night and raised the minimum age from 10 to 14. Live and learn.....
rrh said:
Our 3rd month of operation and still on the steep side of the learning curve. February was really good but we had almost no reservations for March. On our website I offered a 10% discount for 1 or 2 nights and 20% for 3+ night stays. It worked........ I pulled the discounts last night and raised the minimum age from 10 to 14. Live and learn....
Year one you feel vulnerable and taken advantage of and learn where you stand and can stand.
Inquiring minds want to know...why the age limit change? We have all been there.
teeth_smile.gif

I deleted a whole bunch of details, not knowing who might be lurk reading out there.........don't want to shoot myself in the foot......

I deleted a whole bunch of details, not knowing who might be lurk reading out there.........don't want to shoot myself in the foot.......
That's why you need an anonym! Not that a lot of us don't give ourselves away over the course of time, but heck, for those really out there problems? Nothing like being anon.

I deleted a whole bunch of details, not knowing who might be lurk reading out there.........don't want to shoot myself in the foot.......
That's why you need an anonym! Not that a lot of us don't give ourselves away over the course of time, but heck, for those really out there problems? Nothing like being anon.
Bree said:
Sounds like a Dr Jeckel Mr Hyde thing......I'd probably forget who I was and really hang myself
rolleyes.gif

Bree said:
Sounds like a Dr Jeckel Mr Hyde thing......I'd probably forget who I was and really hang myself
rolleyes.gif

I'd probably forget who I was and really hang myself
rolleyes.gif

Hee hee, that happend from time to time.
wink_smile.gif

That's an interesting thought, but I might say that I have enjoyed some unexpected benefits of being -"out"!
1) unexpectedly received personal attention regarding a business transaction.
2) really have to behave, which keeps me from putting a bunch of stuff out there that is negative.
3) feel free to discuss the geographical differences of Hawaii
4) don't have to be as guarded
Possible future benefits
1) possible reservations
2) potential relationships with industry insiders and guru's
3) as of yet veiled opportunity just waiting to pop up.

Bree said:
rolleyes.gif

It's especially bad when you find yourself arguing with yourself and losing!

That's an interesting thought, but I might say that I have enjoyed some unexpected benefits of being -"out"!
2) really have to behave, which keeps me from putting a bunch of stuff out there that is negative.
Possible future benefits
1) possible reservations
These are all good points you make knkbnb. That is why the forum allows legitimate members (as opposed to spammers) to create a second incogneto account for those times when you really want to share something that you don't want attributed to your inn.
There are really only two rules for those using dual accounts
From the terms of use regarding use of two accounts that can get you into trouble.
  1. Using multiple accounts for tag-team spam example:
    User A: What's a good B&B directory?
    UserB(same person): Oh I use xyzdirectory.com they send us lots of business...
  2. Using multiple accounts to make it seem like more people support your point of view.
    UserA: I think xyz practice is the best way to do something
    User B (same person): Oh I agree 100% that is the best way to do this
Note: if anyone chooses to have a second account, there are two things for everyone to keep in mind
  1. You will need two different email addresses. The system only allows one unique email address per account.
  2. I can see the connection between multiple accounts, but the secret is safe with me as long as everyone plays by the rules.

Possible future benefits
1) possible reservations
These are all good points you make knkbnb. That is why the forum allows legitimate members (as opposed to spammers) to create a second incogneto account for those times when you really want to share something that you don't want attributed to your inn.
From the terms of use regarding use of two accounts that can get you into trouble.
  2. Using multiple accounts to make it seem like more people support your point of view.
Note: if anyone chooses to have a second account, there are two things for everyone to keep in mind
  1. You will need two different email addresses. The system only allows one unique email address per account.
  2. I can see the connection between multiple accounts, but the secret is safe with me as long as everyone plays by the rules.
Also want to add that I prefer people using an incogneto account when they want to share things they don't want attributed publicly to their inn. I like that option much better than going back to threads and "swiss cheesing" them by deleting out the important details.

Possible future benefits
1) possible reservations
knkbnb said:
Possible future benefits
1) possible reservations
Benefits of being "in" inn-cognito - although most everyone knows who I am and where I am on this forum.
1) Posting guest stories - you all don't realize the benefit WE get from the guest stories. It might be the simple - You are not alone! Theory when something happens. Or it might be the "I am learning my lesson from your experience." Or it might be comic relief like the guest whose suitcase tumbled down the stairs full of inn amenities. You can't buy that kind of comic relief! This is a place of fellowship more than anything to me. I learn and learn - but the fellowship of the inn-mates is invaluable.
2) You can post somewhat personal stuff - altho we know we shouldn't but maybe there is a tragedy in our life, or a situation that only another innkeeper can understand. We are virtually isolated in this business as noone has a clue what we do! Sometimes not even our better halves!
3) Save yourself from psychos. Yes there have been a couple psychos. I have had one hunt me down from the old forum. I actually change my alter-ego annually because of that. It is nearly time to do so. Everyone knows who I am soon enough when I appear as some other PET name (I am running out of pets tho!)
embaressed_smile.gif

Possible future benefits
1) possible reservations
Also want to add that I prefer people using an incogneto account when they want to share things they don't want attributed publicly to their inn. I like that option much better than going back to threads and "swiss cheesing" them by deleting out the important details.
Who knew! I was clueless that people have two names. I guess that deserves some thought.

Possible future benefits
1) possible reservations
knkbnb said:
Possible future benefits
1) possible reservations
Benefits of being "in" inn-cognito - although most everyone knows who I am and where I am on this forum.
1) Posting guest stories - you all don't realize the benefit WE get from the guest stories. It might be the simple - You are not alone! Theory when something happens. Or it might be the "I am learning my lesson from your experience." Or it might be comic relief like the guest whose suitcase tumbled down the stairs full of inn amenities. You can't buy that kind of comic relief! This is a place of fellowship more than anything to me. I learn and learn - but the fellowship of the inn-mates is invaluable.
2) You can post somewhat personal stuff - altho we know we shouldn't but maybe there is a tragedy in our life, or a situation that only another innkeeper can understand. We are virtually isolated in this business as noone has a clue what we do! Sometimes not even our better halves!
3) Save yourself from psychos. Yes there have been a couple psychos. I have had one hunt me down from the old forum. I actually change my alter-ego annually because of that. It is nearly time to do so. Everyone knows who I am soon enough when I appear as some other PET name (I am running out of pets tho!)
embaressed_smile.gif

do you need to borrow some names?? I have a couple of outdoor cats not doing anything useful at the moment.

Back