Dishwashers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyswan

Reaction score
We have a fairly new dishwasher - just over a year old but I'm already eyeing another one. Do you have 2 dishwashers in your inn to handle the large capacity of dishes or do you run 2-3 loads each day? The maximum number of guests we can serve is 12 and that's a lot of dishes and glassware! Our current dishwasher can handle about 6 -8 guests worth.

Our max is 12, but we've never had that many.
Even with 4-6 guests I may end up with two loads from breakfast.
=)
Kk.

I have one dishwasher. It has been really great. I washed all dishes by hand for two years before I got it. Was a pain to install but it works great. I have to run it 2-3 times a day though. That is when we are full with 8 guests. Usually 2 for breakfast and one in the evening for other things. It is a top of the line Bosch model. All stainless steel and very quiet. Heats the water up to the right temp.

Wimpy dishwasher! I have an old Maytag and I can do at LEAST 14 guests' worth of breakfast dishes AND glassware from the rooms. Plus serving pitchers and wine glasses.
So, short answer is, one dishwasher for the inn. I have one for me but we don't use it for the inn.

I have a lot of dishes for eight guests. Each guests gets one water glass, juice glass, coffee cup, saucer, large plate and then three other small plates for each course that I serve. I think it is about 68 difference pieces of different dishes and that is not including silverware and other pots and pans and mixing bowls.

I have a lot of dishes for eight guests. Each guests gets one water glass, juice glass, coffee cup, saucer, large plate and then three other small plates for each course that I serve. I think it is about 68 difference pieces of different dishes and that is not including silverware and other pots and pans and mixing bowls..
Yes, guess I should have mentioned what service we have...1 plate, 1 fruit cup, 1 coffee cup, 1 juice glass, 3 pieces of silverware (and whatever the guests grab out of the drawer on their own), the prep dishes for the breakfast, and serving pieces like individual jelly servers with lids, servers for the salsa and ketchup, all the spoons associated with that, spoons for me to dish out the jelly, salsa and ketchup, glasses from the bathroom, whatever glasses the guests have used during the night, the juice pitchers, all the coffee cups the guests have used before sitting down to eat, my breakfast dish, and dishes hubs used for cutting toast or just used to keep the sticky messes off the counter.
So, could be up to 19 place settings, etc with the rest of it.
We used to serve muffins on separate plates but we stopped (serving muffins). However, all of that fit in the dishwasher, too.

Depends on what is used for your table service & how many prep dishes/utensils, etc. We always run at least 2 loads no matter how many guests. I have one Whirlpool Gold dishwasher. It works fine.

We can fill er up tight and wash for a full house. Have never needed two.
We never put pots pans or cooking stuff in the dishwasher, with this place it is CUPS and plates and things that need santizing well.

I used to have the top of the line Bosch dishwasher too, and can attest that it's fantastic. I often thought it was not working because it was so quiet. At first, I kept opening it to see if it was running. It was - just really, really quiet.
And I really miss that dishwasher! I don't have one now, but when I remodel the galley, I'll be putting it back in. It's going to take a pretty major remodel to accomplish this, but I saw it done on a sistership that was exactly how I want mine done. Good to know I have a realistic plan.

I can have a max of 8 guests when full.
I have antique glass fruit dishes.
Crystal glasses for water and juice
Don't have a dishwasher yet, do all by hand. When we have a kitchen remodel, will be putting in a dishwasher. But will still be washing skillets, pans and bowls by hand.

I am married to my dhishwasher. When he had his 6-way bypass, I considered just going out an buying a dishwaasher what he was not around to yelp. Then I thought about the fact that I used my old Fostoria goblets - don't want those in the dishwasher, I use antique Steubenville China - not sure if that could take a dishwasher, I use silverplate flatware - not sure about putting that in the dishwasher... That leaves only the Pfaltzgraff that can go in the dishwasher for sure. So he is back doing his job and I will no longer say that after I verify he is dead, I will call Sears for a dishwasher before I call the meat wagon. I do have my priorities but upon reflection discovered my priority was useless.
We have, in case anyone is wondering, a plastic tub of bleach water that all guest dishes go through before getting to the drainer to air dry to meet the Health Dept rules.

I am married to my dhishwasher. When he had his 6-way bypass, I considered just going out an buying a dishwaasher what he was not around to yelp. Then I thought about the fact that I used my old Fostoria goblets - don't want those in the dishwasher, I use antique Steubenville China - not sure if that could take a dishwasher, I use silverplate flatware - not sure about putting that in the dishwasher... That leaves only the Pfaltzgraff that can go in the dishwasher for sure. So he is back doing his job and I will no longer say that after I verify he is dead, I will call Sears for a dishwasher before I call the meat wagon. I do have my priorities but upon reflection discovered my priority was useless.
We have, in case anyone is wondering, a plastic tub of bleach water that all guest dishes go through before getting to the drainer to air dry to meet the Health Dept rules..
gillumhouse said:
So he is back doing his job and I will no longer say that after I verify he is dead, I will call Sears for a dishwasher before I call the meat wagon. I do have my priorities but upon reflection discovered my priority was useless.
That comment was, to me, hands down, the most comical comment I've read on this forum in weeks!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for the laugh

When we replace our current dishwasher (yes it is less than a year old) we will get a restaurant type one that is the same size as a normal d/w but does a load in 3 minutes. I hate waiting for ours and it does not even do a good job. We do have a hard water issue and I am trying to figure out how to help the d/w with that without installing a water softener system (too expensive for us right now).
We have 2 dryers ... would not go back one now. Ended up with 2 as we had one from the rental house we had as no dryer was supplied. When we went to buy the washer the floor model was on sale so it was a 2 for 1 price. Our plumber said it was not any more expensive to install 2 gas lines so we kept the old dryer as well. So it was just a fluke to end up with both, but what a great fluke.

Back