Dispensers and Bity Bottles?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen it in a while, but there was one hotel supply company that had really nice units where you sort of hung a dispenser on a peg. So it was closed. It closed in a way that the guest couldn't easily take it. And it looked classy. I just can't remember who made them. I see so many web pages daily.

I'm going with bath salts for the jet tubs. You don't want bubble bath, they say, because the tubs churn up too many bubbles and overflow.
I'm putting dispensers in the showers, too, but will also have bar soap and shampoo bottles available for those who hate dispensers!
I'm hoping most will use the dispensers, though, since it saves me money..
Arks, definitely no bubble bath! I had some folks that used the bath gel in the tubs and fortunately it didn't foam up much (I had tested it myself).
These are not the dispensers by G&S we had at the resort we just visited, but these are less objectionable to me as a hater of dispensers!
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
These are not the dispensers by G&S we had at the resort we just visited, but these are less objectionable to me as a hater of dispensers!
wink_smile.gif
Those look just like the ones I really liked at a B&B where we stayed in Holmfirth, England, a couple of years ago. I took down the brand info from them and searched for them after I got home, but the only source I found said they didn't ship outside of England.
So THANKS!!! I have been looking for those for 2 years for precisely the reason that they aren't as objectionable as the usual kind.
Below are the ones by Simple Human I was planning to use if I couldn't find the English ones. I have them in my home shower and they're very nice, and well made, but I like the English ones more.
p-shampoo-soap-dispenser-triple.jpg

Arkansawyer said:
Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
Those look just like the ones I really liked at a B&B where we stayed in Holmfirth, England, a couple of years ago. I took down the brand info from them and searched for them after I got home, but the only source I found said they didn't ship outside of England.
So THANKS!!! I have been looking for those for 2 years for precisely the reason that they aren't as objectionable as the usual kind.
Below are the ones by Simple Human I was planning to use if I couldn't find the English ones. I have them in my home shower and they're very nice, and well made, but I like the English ones more.
I am toying with the thought of changing out to the ones Samster showed. The one problem i have had with some of my dispensers is the button not returning properly or the guest mashing it, but it leaked. I have 2 chambers I no longer use. Pump from the top is much better. I just need to find out how much they cost.
Arks, I wish I had taken a photo of the G&S system at the resort where we just stayed, but that was not high on my list. They were very secure, smaller, and pretty nice looking and had a label.
Weaver, I have an objection to the dispensers as a former innkeeper as well. I wouldn't like cleaning around them and most aren't labeled with the ingredients, which is very helpful to guests. Plus, some have anchoring systems (as Maddy mentioned) that are not all that secure.
Samster, that is my real issue, cleaning and stability.
The ones I have looked at all are secured with tape. Seems to me double stick tape even industrial tape just won't hold up against rough guests and water.

Bath salts are illegal here. I do not know about other places, but they have been made illegal because they have been used to make meth..
Leave it to the hillbillies to ruin a good soak for the rest of us. At least farther south they are still legal.
Sorry to disillusion you, but the hillbillys had to "larn hit " from them ferinners because we were not gentry enough to be into bath salts. Quite frankly this hillbilly has never used bath salts - soaking takes time, a luxury most of us here do not have. We are too busy going from job to job trying to "get by". Even when I was in Illinois, time was a premium item - plus with 6 kids and one bathroom, no one spent much time hogging the bathroom.
This is one time the rule of He is an SOB but he is MY SOB and only I get to call him an SOB gets invoked. We get labeled as unhappy, unhealthy, discontented idjits but we had one thing I have not seen in a lot of places I have traveled to. It is called PRIDE. Come here and just about every other person will be wearing SOMETHING that has West Virginia on it. It is a place that we may leave because of looking for work, but most of us have it in our blood and cannot wait to get back. My DH is a convert - he does not want to ever go back to live in Illinois - will only do so if I die first as he cannot manage alone. Sorry for going off. We were just adjudged, once again, as being #50 on something. Hey Arkie, you guys were down at the bottom of the pile with us, KY, even Ohio got a bit of it. I think this time we were dissatisfied with our lot in life or some dmn-fool thing like that. Rip me all you want, but do NOT rip my State or its people because you will not find people more willing to help when help is needed, nor, for the most part, harder workers when they get work.
Shame on who taught them! I love that state, one of my favorites actually, some of the best roads for killing an afternoon on the back of a bike.
In fact until I get my project off the ground I will be working in your state starting in about 8 weeks.
Where?
gillumhouse said:
Ranson

Bath salts are illegal here. I do not know about other places, but they have been made illegal because they have been used to make meth..
Leave it to the hillbillies to ruin a good soak for the rest of us. At least farther south they are still legal.
Sorry to disillusion you, but the hillbillys had to "larn hit " from them ferinners because we were not gentry enough to be into bath salts. Quite frankly this hillbilly has never used bath salts - soaking takes time, a luxury most of us here do not have. We are too busy going from job to job trying to "get by". Even when I was in Illinois, time was a premium item - plus with 6 kids and one bathroom, no one spent much time hogging the bathroom.
This is one time the rule of He is an SOB but he is MY SOB and only I get to call him an SOB gets invoked. We get labeled as unhappy, unhealthy, discontented idjits but we had one thing I have not seen in a lot of places I have traveled to. It is called PRIDE. Come here and just about every other person will be wearing SOMETHING that has West Virginia on it. It is a place that we may leave because of looking for work, but most of us have it in our blood and cannot wait to get back. My DH is a convert - he does not want to ever go back to live in Illinois - will only do so if I die first as he cannot manage alone. Sorry for going off. We were just adjudged, once again, as being #50 on something. Hey Arkie, you guys were down at the bottom of the pile with us, KY, even Ohio got a bit of it. I think this time we were dissatisfied with our lot in life or some dmn-fool thing like that. Rip me all you want, but do NOT rip my State or its people because you will not find people more willing to help when help is needed, nor, for the most part, harder workers when they get work.
Shame on who taught them! I love that state, one of my favorites actually, some of the best roads for killing an afternoon on the back of a bike.
In fact until I get my project off the ground I will be working in your state starting in about 8 weeks.
Where?
gillumhouse said:
Ranson
Eastern Panhandle. You will be near Harpers Ferry and Charles Town.

I'm going with bath salts for the jet tubs. You don't want bubble bath, they say, because the tubs churn up too many bubbles and overflow.
I'm putting dispensers in the showers, too, but will also have bar soap and shampoo bottles available for those who hate dispensers!
Arks, definitely no bubble bath! I had some folks that used the bath gel in the tubs and fortunately it didn't foam up much (I had tested it myself).
wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif

Arkansawyer said:
Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
I am toying with the thought of changing out to the ones Samster showed. The one problem i have had with some of my dispensers is the button not returning properly or the guest mashing it, but it leaked. I have 2 chambers I no longer use. Pump from the top is much better. I just need to find out how much they cost.
Arks, I wish I had taken a photo of the G&S system at the resort where we just stayed, but that was not high on my list. They were very secure, smaller, and pretty nice looking and had a label.
Weaver, I have an objection to the dispensers as a former innkeeper as well. I wouldn't like cleaning around them and most aren't labeled with the ingredients, which is very helpful to guests. Plus, some have anchoring systems (as Maddy mentioned) that are not all that secure.
The ones I have looked at all are secured with tape. Seems to me double stick tape even industrial tape just won't hold up against rough guests and water.
Weaver said:
The ones I have were installed in 2003. Still stuck on the wall in spite of the numerous times the dispenser has been knocked off the wall mount. This may be the year we attempt to detach one of them and reinstall it in a better location.

wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif

Arkansawyer said:
Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
Weaver, as a guest at a B&B I had a dispenser come flying off the wall while I was in the shower. It was not a fun experience as the liquid goo when everywhere. It only cemented (pun intended) my hatred of them. And yes, they can be more eco-friendly (although we recycled all our used amenities containers here), but they are definitely cheaper in cost. So economics do come into play with the dispensers. You can also find more eco-friendly packaging in some of the amenity lines - I think G&S "Beekind" is one of them.
Best of luck figuring this out. I still would not have dispensers here at our B&B, except for antiseptic hand soap (which I had in addition to a facial soap at the sink).

wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif

Arkansawyer said:
Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
Weaver, as a guest at a B&B I had a dispenser come flying off the wall while I was in the shower. It was not a fun experience as the liquid goo when everywhere. It only cemented (pun intended) my hatred of them. And yes, they can be more eco-friendly (although we recycled all our used amenities containers here), but they are definitely cheaper in cost. So economics do come into play with the dispensers. You can also find more eco-friendly packaging in some of the amenity lines - I think G&S "Beekind" is one of them.
Best of luck figuring this out. I still would not have dispensers here at our B&B, except for antiseptic hand soap (which I had in addition to a facial soap at the sink).
Samster said:
Weaver, as a guest at a B&B I had a dispenser come flying off the wall while I was in the shower. It was not a fun experience as the liquid goo when everywhere. It only cemented (pun intended) my hatred of them.
On the whole, I've had even more trouble with bar soap, dropping it while my eyes are closed to keep the shampoo out, feeling around on the floor trying to find it without slipping on it. Bumping my head on the faucet when I raise back up.
Maybe I should just give up on soap entirely, and use that steamer on myself.

wink_smile.gif

Samster said:
wink_smile.gif

Arkansawyer said:
Samster said:
wink_smile.gif
Samster said:
Weaver, as a guest at a B&B I had a dispenser come flying off the wall while I was in the shower. It was not a fun experience as the liquid goo when everywhere. It only cemented (pun intended) my hatred of them.
On the whole, I've had even more trouble with bar soap, dropping it while my eyes are closed to keep the shampoo out, feeling around on the floor trying to find it without slipping on it. Bumping my head on the faucet when I raise back up.
Arkansawyer said:
Samster said:
Save the salmon.
Don't bathe at all.
That is what is really green. No soap, no chemical down the drains and into the environment. Close the inns.
tounge_smile.gif

As soon as you discuss this stuff I get emails, thank you very much.
[FONT=&quot]"What is your shade of Green?"[/FONT]

[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]BeeKind™[/FONT]
The paper bottle is a 92% reduction in waste volume and proceeds are donated to support honey bee and sustainable pollination research at the University of California at Davis.
» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Sprout Out™[/FONT]
The PET bottle is the most easily recyclable plastic bottle available. Just right for our witty and whimsical Sprout Out collection that is also paraben and sulfate-free.
» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
What is better than nothing and a product that is good to you and our earth? No sulfates, no parabens, no articificial colors, no phthalates and no animal testing.
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Dispensers[/FONT]
Dispensers are perfect for in room and public areas and cut down on cost and waste.
» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
For more information please visit http://ushoteliers.gilchristsoames.com
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Momo Wilson
Regional Sales Representative
(317) 781-7006

[tr]

[/td]

The paper bottle is a 92% reduction in waste volume and proceeds are donated to support honey bee and sustainable pollination research at the University of California at Davis.
» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

The PET bottle is the most easily recyclable plastic bottle available. Just right for our witty and whimsical Sprout Out collection that is also paraben and sulfate-free.
» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
What is better than nothing and a product that is good to you and our earth? No sulfates, no parabens, no articificial colors, no phthalates and no animal testing.
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

Dispensers are perfect for in room and public areas and cut down on cost and waste.
» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Momo Wilson
(317) 781-7006
Just deleted this one. It was rightly in my junk box.

Arkansawyer said:
I'm hoping most will use the dispensers, though, since it saves me money.
If you're going to use the jetted tubs that are the jacuzzi type with an intake screen, you don't want to use bath salts. We don't allow the salts here because the salts will get sucked up by the intake before they desolve and clog up the intake and your motor can burn out.

Arkansawyer said:
I'm hoping most will use the dispensers, though, since it saves me money.
If you're going to use the jetted tubs that are the jacuzzi type with an intake screen, you don't want to use bath salts. We don't allow the salts here because the salts will get sucked up by the intake before they desolve and clog up the intake and your motor can burn out.
I bought Sanijet tubs. No pumps, no pipes, no problems (even I don't believe that last one, but maybe I can say fewer problems).

[tr]

[/td]

» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Momo Wilson
(317) 781-7006
OK, hoping this shows up in their 'Google alerts' cuz I've got something to say...NEVER send a business email with a vague subject line to someone who doesn't have a clue who you are. This went right in the trash and got labeled as spam before I realized who it was from.
I like their products but had not a clue who Momo was and assumed it was spam.
You MUST, as a business person, insure that your COMPANY name is shown NOT your personal name. Maybe everyone at G&S knows who you are but I think you're a spammer. Tilt. Game over.

[tr]

[/td]

» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Momo Wilson
(317) 781-7006
OK, hoping this shows up in their 'Google alerts' cuz I've got something to say...NEVER send a business email with a vague subject line to someone who doesn't have a clue who you are. This went right in the trash and got labeled as spam before I realized who it was from.
You MUST, as a business person, insure that your COMPANY name is shown NOT your personal name. Maybe everyone at G&S knows who you are but I think you're a spammer. Tilt. Game over.
Madeleine said:
You mean cuz it says MOMO WILSON What is your shade of green? as the from and subject and wonder why people get ticked off at spam. yes.

The innkeepers are beginning to get grouchy. Good thing we're almost to the end of the busy season. ;-)

[tr]

[/td]

» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Momo Wilson
(317) 781-7006
Madeleine said:
You mean cuz it says MOMO WILSON What is your shade of green? as the from and subject and wonder why people get ticked off at spam. yes.
Exactly. Not a clue who that is or what kind of 'green' they're talking about!
BTW, got an email today with 'Mattress Sale!!!' in the subject line. It was a 'unique' opportunity to help out an area high school by buying our mattresses thru them as a fund raiser. Half hour later I got another one from another school. Yeah, that marketer certainly sold those schools on the 'unique' opportunity.

The innkeepers are beginning to get grouchy. Good thing we're almost to the end of the busy season. ;-).
Arkansawyer said:
The innkeepers are beginning to get grouchy. Good thing we're almost to the end of the busy season. ;-)
The busy grumpy season you mean? It's certainly not the busy tourist season!

The innkeepers are beginning to get grouchy. Good thing we're almost to the end of the busy season. ;-).
Arkansawyer said:
Madeleine said:
Arkansawyer said:
Grumpy, who us? Now the young man that should be grumpy was sitting at the breakfast table this morning on his anniversary while his wife spoke on her cell phone the entire breakfast (except to mimic to me "I can't eat yoghurt I am lactose intolerant")

Arkansawyer said:
Madeleine said:
Just a little try at irony on my part, meaning to indicate the opposite: that if those other innkeepers (not you, of course) are this grumpy now, at the end of the slow season, just think how grumpy they will be by leaf peeping season!

Back