Dispensers and Bity Bottles?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The innkeepers are beginning to get grouchy. Good thing we're almost to the end of the busy season. ;-).
Arkansawyer said:
The innkeepers are beginning to get grouchy. Good thing we're almost to the end of the busy season. ;-)
The busy grumpy season you mean? It's certainly not the busy tourist season!
Madeleine said:
Just a little try at irony on my part, meaning to indicate the opposite: that if those other innkeepers (not you, of course) are this grumpy now, at the end of the slow season, just think how grumpy they will be by leaf peeping season!
Arkansawyer said:
Madeleine said:
Just a little try at irony on my part, meaning to indicate the opposite: that if those other innkeepers (not you, of course) are this grumpy now, at the end of the slow season, just think how grumpy they will be by leaf peeping season!
Har har- 'not you, of course'. Oh you're a card you are.

I had 5 spa type bath tubs at my inn and people did use the soap and shampoo at the tubs. There were plenty of folks that enjoyed just luxuriating in the big tubs. I had guests here that were here for athletic events that told me how much they liked the big tubs after returning from the event. Also, I had several single business travelers that were here for longer stays and told me how much they enjoyed using the large tubs every day vs the shower. That being said, what I did here was I had a bar of high end Gilchrest & Soames at both the shower and tub. I had a presentation of the shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, and bath salts (approved for the tubs I had) at the tubs. Then, people could use the amenities at either location, but didn't have to swap the soap back and forth.
I'm really against the dispensers, but if you feel that you have to have them, I'd offer a high end bath soap at the tub, along with some kind of bath salts or whatever that works for a good soak that's approved for the tubs you have..
I don't like the dispensers because as a guest I have no idea what people might use in them. I like to know what soap and shampoo I am getting. It is just too iffy. I saw an innkeeper pour shampoo out of a used bottle into another used bottle. These were small bottles. I would never put used shampoo into another used one. I throw them away. So what is to say someone wouldn't put dish soap into the dispensers. We would hope not but never know. I really just take my own shampoo when I travel to be safe.
As an innkeeper I don't want to mess with filling them or worry that they will come off when a guest is using them.

As soon as you discuss this stuff I get emails, thank you very much.
[FONT=&quot]"What is your shade of Green?"[/FONT]

[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]BeeKind™[/FONT]
The paper bottle is a 92% reduction in waste volume and proceeds are donated to support honey bee and sustainable pollination research at the University of California at Davis.
» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Sprout Out™[/FONT]
The PET bottle is the most easily recyclable plastic bottle available. Just right for our witty and whimsical Sprout Out collection that is also paraben and sulfate-free.
» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
What is better than nothing and a product that is good to you and our earth? No sulfates, no parabens, no articificial colors, no phthalates and no animal testing.
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Dispensers[/FONT]
Dispensers are perfect for in room and public areas and cut down on cost and waste.
» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
For more information please visit http://ushoteliers.gilchristsoames.com
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Momo Wilson
Regional Sales Representative
(317) 781-7006
Joey,
Is there a way to get prices of these products without haivng to make phone call? I have looked all over the site and I must be missing it.
Blessings!

[tr]

[/td]

The paper bottle is a 92% reduction in waste volume and proceeds are donated to support honey bee and sustainable pollination research at the University of California at Davis.
» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

The PET bottle is the most easily recyclable plastic bottle available. Just right for our witty and whimsical Sprout Out collection that is also paraben and sulfate-free.
» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
What is better than nothing and a product that is good to you and our earth? No sulfates, no parabens, no articificial colors, no phthalates and no animal testing.
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

Dispensers are perfect for in room and public areas and cut down on cost and waste.
» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Momo Wilson
(317) 781-7006
Joey,
Is there a way to get prices of these products without haivng to make phone call? I have looked all over the site and I must be missing it.
Blessings!
blessings said:
Joey,
Blessings!
You could e-mail them.

[tr]

[/td]

» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Momo Wilson
(317) 781-7006
Joey,
Blessings!
blessings said:
Joey,
Blessings!
Prices are generally not given on sites like G&S. You do have to call or email. Altho I was grumpy about getting an email from some 'unknown entity' (earlier post here), the folks at G&S are good people who can help you figure out which line of amenities is good for your place.

You have to be careful to use a product made for a jetted tub. We like http://www.insparation.com/
They make cool bath aromatherapy thingies. We like the little colored packets and put them out and they get used and are very affordable.
Riki

Weaver said:
It has been my experience that one using a jetted tub is not in there to get clean. They aren't going to be washing their hair, or other shower type activities. So what would you recommend as an appropriate bath amenity for the "spa" area, given the dispenser is in the shower?
After I soak, I like to get clean... wash my hair, etc. Regardless of what other amenities you put (salts, etc.) I vote for keeping the standard three (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) there, too.
We have dispensers and they are awesome. No mess, no waste. I have one in my own shower. They're attached with silicone. In five years, only one got knocked off and broken, and it was easily replaced as they are at the box stores.
BUT, my guest amenity baskets also have Head and Shoulders and Irish Spring available for anyone who prefers them. The Irish Spring gets used quite a bit.
=)
Kk.

Weaver said:
It has been my experience that one using a jetted tub is not in there to get clean. They aren't going to be washing their hair, or other shower type activities. So what would you recommend as an appropriate bath amenity for the "spa" area, given the dispenser is in the shower?
After I soak, I like to get clean... wash my hair, etc. Regardless of what other amenities you put (salts, etc.) I vote for keeping the standard three (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) there, too.
We have dispensers and they are awesome. No mess, no waste. I have one in my own shower. They're attached with silicone. In five years, only one got knocked off and broken, and it was easily replaced as they are at the box stores.
BUT, my guest amenity baskets also have Head and Shoulders and Irish Spring available for anyone who prefers them. The Irish Spring gets used quite a bit.
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
Weaver said:
=)
Kk.
I would check with your tub manufacter to ensure that shampoo won't clog the jets. Bubble bath does. We don't keep anything by the tub - no shampoo, no soap, just the aromatherapy pillows. Nobody has complained and I have not found any of our soaps by the tub. I think our folks go in the shower after.
RIki

[tr]

[/td]

» More on BeeKind™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on Sprout Out™

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

[FONT=&quot]Zero%[/FONT]
» More on Zero%

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[/td]

» More on dispensers

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Momo Wilson
(317) 781-7006
Joey,
Blessings!
Blessings, call or email Gilchrist & Soames and a rep will get back to you and will send you a price sheet and samples, which is even better.

Weaver said:
I know we have discussed the dispenser vs small bottles of shampoo, et all for bath amenities. But after a cruise through the older posts I couldn't find this one. Six of the nine baths in my target property have (or will have) both a tub and shower separate from one another, making it a four piece bath.
I want to go with the dispensers (with large type for those of us that need glasses to read the little labels) in the shower with shampoo, conditioner, body wash.
Bath salt?
Small fancy moisturizing bar soap?
At the hotel I worked at, they had a room with a Jacuzzi tub that was separate from the bathroom. In the bathroom they put the shampoo/conditioner/hand lotion/soap etc. For the Jacuzzi they placed a bathmat over the tub and a bar of soap on top.

Back