Display racks for brochures?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Does anyone have big wooden display racks for brochures? We keep going back and forth on this.
I have the plastic ones on the desk in the dining room, which is really a good place because guests see them right away and can look at them during breakfast.

we had one that Al made but we gave it to Piney Hill. Sorry or I would ship it up to you.

I just had a discussion today with a printer as I am looking into getting a brochure done. They also own several rack card distribution routes. He wasn't interested in including me on his route because my traffic would be too low, but he had no problem with me taking 4-5 of each brochure from the rack at Perkins.
I asked him if he had any racks I could come and get and stick in my dining room. At first he was quoting me prices to buy the racks. I pointed out that I would pick it up, keep it stocked with Ashland relevant stuff, and he could add me to his distribution list but not have to do any work. After giving it some thought he's bringing me a wall rack next week (as he'll be in town anyway).
So, find out who owns the racks and ask if you can become a distribution point on their route. Maybe you can get one for free!
=) Kk.

I just had a discussion today with a printer as I am looking into getting a brochure done. They also own several rack card distribution routes. He wasn't interested in including me on his route because my traffic would be too low, but he had no problem with me taking 4-5 of each brochure from the rack at Perkins.
I asked him if he had any racks I could come and get and stick in my dining room. At first he was quoting me prices to buy the racks. I pointed out that I would pick it up, keep it stocked with Ashland relevant stuff, and he could add me to his distribution list but not have to do any work. After giving it some thought he's bringing me a wall rack next week (as he'll be in town anyway).
So, find out who owns the racks and ask if you can become a distribution point on their route. Maybe you can get one for free!
=) Kk..
Get a rack card...don't waste time and extra money on a brochure! Check out: http://www.48hourprint.com/
I have done several rack cards for inns around here and had them done through them. We were very pleased with the quality.

I agree, don't do a brochure. A rack card is much more cost effective, especially if you use an online source like the one catlady mentioned.
I haven't used that one, but have had good results with www.printpelican.com. Good prices and good quality.
Of course, the quality can only be as good as the photos, logo and map files you provide. Make sure you're using the best file formats for print.

=) Kk..
The local guy here calls every year and every year I tell him, 'Sure, come on by and measure the space,' and he never shows up.
I don't want to do that one anyway. You can only stock what gets paid for and I have a lot of people who just drop by and ask me to put their cards out.

I agree, don't do a brochure. A rack card is much more cost effective, especially if you use an online source like the one catlady mentioned.
I haven't used that one, but have had good results with www.printpelican.com. Good prices and good quality.
Of course, the quality can only be as good as the photos, logo and map files you provide. Make sure you're using the best file formats for print..
WOW, they have good prices. You can order small amounts as well. Are you satisfied with the print quality, colors, card weight???

I gotten mine trough www.vistaprint.com they are very nice quality.
I was looking for some card holders but they are hard to find here, unless I go to Office Max and pay a fortune.

I gotten mine trough www.vistaprint.com they are very nice quality.
I was looking for some card holders but they are hard to find here, unless I go to Office Max and pay a fortune..
I have a bunch of them that the people who want me to display their brochures brought along. Some of them you can get are cardboard and they just fold into the holder. Take a look for them, they're probably a lot cheaper. Look here.

Of course, the quality can only be as good as the photos, logo and map files you provide. Make sure you're using the best file formats for print..
WOW, they have good prices. You can order small amounts as well. Are you satisfied with the print quality, colors, card weight???
catlady said:
Are you satisfied with the print quality, colors, card weight???
Yep. We haven't used them for ourselves yet, but hubby designed a rack card for another B&B and we used printpelican for the printing. The final product was as good quality as we would get from having it gang-printed at a trade print shop. Much better price.
The one we did for the other owner was full colour front and b&w back at her request to save even more money. And I think that's fine for a rack card, especially if the main job of the card is to catch people's attention with gorgeous colour photo(s) on the front and then drive them to the website. The back had a map and information and it was fine in black only.
We'll have to reprint our rack cards soon and will go with pelican, although I'll go with colour on both sides.

DH made me a "traveling" brochure rack when I started as Marketing Chair for MABB. It will hold 24 brochures/rack cards spread out and a lot more if I lap them. He put a carry hole on the bottom, one in the center and one at one end for ease of carrying it into the Capitol, etc. It sits on the radiator in the foyer but when at home, holds brochures of things in the area. Not enough space, so he made another rack he mounted on the wall that has 4 rack levels and 2 shelves (biz cards and postcards). I still have a white oak basket on the floor by the hat rack that is usually overflowing with more brochures of things around the State that I plow through for folks going to those areas.

Back