DIY Brochure design

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skamokawa

Reaction score
I just got our new brochures today and could not be happier. We used Vista Print. The company allows you to do your own design right online. I used one of their templates. Sounds like you would be locked into a very narrow, only-a-few-things-you-could-change type of thing, but n o t ! You change change type of font, amount and sizing of photos...almost to the limit you can image. And no, I don't work for the company. I tried their freebie business cards, was happy, did a full order of business cards............ same type of deal, design it yourself online, and was so pleased I went for the brochures. hmmmm.....photo upload not intuitive...so here's a link to flickr photos. Very happy with this reasonably priced company....and the ability to do it myself....hope its OK Swirt!
-Kathleen

I agree...I bought business cards from them and return address labels. My web designer designed our rack card which turned out really well. I've received lots of compliments. Now I have a bunch of freebies that I should order from them.

Do mind me asking how much you paid? I just had 1000 4-color brochures done by a local print shop. $$$.

K, there is a RESOURCE section on this forum which is perfect for letting others know about great resources like this. Then it is easier to find later on.
Many on the forum use Vista Print. I just re-ordered some Photo Post cards on card stock which I use for brochures basically and to stick in GC's etc.
But to warn the readers here - shop online for coupons to get the shipping cost down, that is where they get ya. Do a google search and you s/b able to find a coupon code.
I agree VISTA PRINT is the best resource for all our print stuff. WAY WAY less than any printer and much nicer!
Thanks for sharing.

PS I saw your URL on the brochure, I hope you can get your website up there soon, it makes all the difference in the world for your B&B.
regular_smile.gif

We do our rack cards, business cards and Christmas post card with them. I've been really pleased as they are so affordable.
Riki

I agree...I bought business cards from them and return address labels. My web designer designed our rack card which turned out really well. I've received lots of compliments. Now I have a bunch of freebies that I should order from them..
Did you sent the rack card to Vista Print? Please send me one so I can add to my portfolio:) I'd like to see the actual one done.

i use vistaprint as well ... just watch the shipping costs ... get a few things at a time to keep cost in line. i have brochures and rack cards from them using their stock photos (very very inexpensive) ... i use pictures of boats in harbors, lobster traps, coffee cups ... inviting photos that are pretty generic and that look like things around here -- some ARE from around here. go with the 100 for free just pay shipping ..... and see how you like them. once you order, you can (if you want) get email offers for all sorts of things. and sometimes you can ad your own picture for free - watch for those.
for me they are as nice as the rack cards we had designed and printed up by another company for our first year that cost us mucho $$ when money was extremely tight ... could have really used vistaprint then.
i also get t-shirts, one at a time, that have the inn name on them for the chambermaid and me to wear while cleaning. again, i use the available free graphic and ad our name. i get them when i am getting something else to combine shipping.
one thing i do is i get post cards for $100 (free - just pay shipping) i do the 'design your own' option .... using a lighthouse painting or other maine theme - and on the back (in greyscale print that is also free) i have printed 'Post card compliments of .' 'Thank you for staying with us. If you enjoyed your stay, please consider posting a review on xxx' there is plenty of room left for the guest to mail the cards.
each flip, i put a couple different postcards in the guest room. guests LOVE having free postcards to mail or take as souvenirs. vistaprint's web address is in tiny print at the bottom of the postcard ... doesn't bother me at all.
i also use postcards for do not disturb signs, conserve water signs and breakfast room info signs.

Do mind me asking how much you paid? I just had 1000 4-color brochures done by a local print shop. $$$..
I think I printed up 100 to start and they are full color photo rack cards for between $50 & $75 (I would have to find the receipt). Once you purchase something, they're always running some kind of freebies.

SS, really love that idea about the postcards. You are a very smart lady.

We use them too, it's a great deal. We also used them for our assoc. rack brochures...

Paid just under $300 including shipping for 1500. Because they got the product to us late, they reshipped the order for free, so it will be 3000 for that price. (DHL dropped the ball on that one....but that's anothr story!)
K

Back