Do it your own way….

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee2014

Reaction score
So this lady called looking for a certain room for one night.
Me: I can give you that room for $200.
Her: Well, I have a picture here of the room and the price is $175! Can you give it to me for that?
Me: Sorry, I can give it to you for $200. The $175 is the winter rate.
Her: Well, it has a book now button
Me: That's great! Push the button.
Her: But it just a picture!…..(I didn't say anything since I didn't know what to say) Is your website this….
Me: Yes, it is.
Her: Well I will go book it there for the $175! She hung up with that.
Me: Look at the phone and shake my head.
That next day she called back and get my aunt. Sweet as a pie this time. (Website doesn't let you book one night without our prior approval.) My aunt change it so she can book one night on the website since that is what she wanted….
I saw her reservation on the computer for $226! Sigh, I tried to be a help but have it your own way….
wink_smile.gif

I have the sequal to this - its "I spoke to man/woman earlier" who said X - there is only me here who answers the phone - how many people do they think a B&B has answering the phone? really?
Plus neighbour had couple in they wanted busy event next year - said I am full but Jcam might be able to help you but she will be busy doing breakfast now go down about 11am - despite this they came straight round - told them the same I am very sorry I am busy with 21 breakfasts please call back later or phone and maybe we can help.

I had someone at check-out a couple of days ago, claiming the room rate should be the winter rate.

I had someone at check-out a couple of days ago, claiming the room rate should be the winter rate..
Highlands John said:
I had someone at check-out a couple of days ago, claiming the room rate should be the winter rate.
With temps here in the 40's I just turned the heat on. I'll probably be hearing that 'winter rate' song, too!

I had someone at check-out a couple of days ago, claiming the room rate should be the winter rate..
Highlands John said:
With temps here in the 40's I just turned the heat on. I'll probably be hearing that 'winter rate' song, too!
Nope, winter rate starts when we aren't full every single weekend. That would be November.

Highlands John said:
Winter starts when leaves are a memory. If they are still around and on the ground... it ain't winter yet.

Highlands John said:
Nope, winter rate starts when we aren't full every single weekend. That would be November.
TheBeachHouse said:
Not quite winter rates start in Nov. Full winter kicks in in Feb.

Highlands John said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Not quite winter rates start in Nov. Full winter kicks in in Feb.
We had three seasons when we started but switched it to two after two years. Probably leaving a bit of $ on the table around Christmas, but way easier on the bookkeeping.

Our "winter rate" starts in just 3 more weeks! (and will be in place until mid-May....)

Back