Do Not Disturb

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like those! Maybe someday I will decide to do doorhangers and will copy shamelessly!

And if you are thinking about remodeling that old Vic to pick up a celebrity crowd, why not look at these ideas.

Those could be cute in the right setting. :) I just saw really cute do not disturbs at World Market not long ago...of course, because I don't need them.

{shakes head} Last winter, our housekeeper (one of our son's jobless buddies) began lobbying me to design some "Do Not Disturb" door hangers.
Seems Steele (that's his name) had blundered into a couple of compromising situations when all he wanted to do was wipe down the bathrooms and re-fold the towels.
"Did you knock and announce 'housekeeping?'"
Didn't remember, but they sure were unhappy when he opened the door.
"And you think a door-hanger would fix this? What if they forgot to put it out?"
Well, at least it wouldn't be his fault.
"Did you even think to look out into the parking lot to see if they'd driven away before you opened the door?"
Mumbles. Uh. not everybody drives.
"Oh, for heaven's sake. We're four miles out in the country! Anybody trying to get here on foot this time of the year would be chased down and eaten by wolves before they made it to the lodge! Besides, that couple arrived in an Escalade! You didn't notice it was still here this morning?"
"Did it ever occur to you to listen at the door before knocking if you had a question about the room being occupied?"
Um. No. Why would I want to do that?
"We'll, since we make it a policy to rent our rooms only to nice people, if you overhear moans behind the door, then you can probably assume that you're not hearing the activities of a psychopathic axe-murderer flaying a victim on top of our king-size bed."
Brightens. I raise my hand to stop the question. "No, you won't be responsible for the blood on the mattress if it turns out we're wrong about them being nice people."
But I'm still not gonna design Do Not Disturb door hangers.

Back