Do they think we can't hear them?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
'Be glad you're leaving today. I just checked what's for breakfast tomorrow.'

And that's why no one gets to know what's for breakfast until it's put down in front of them.

And that's why no one gets to know what's for breakfast until it's put down in front of them..
Mystery breakfast served daily. Special request breakfasts, just $50.
Today was blintzes, choice of three; blueberry, cheese or chocolate/banana.

Do they think we can't hear them?[/h1]
...and if we could, would we really care? Our menu choices are 1. Take it. or 2. Leave it.

Just out of curiosity, what IS for breakfast tomorrow?.
Bacon & eggs. Very simple. It's usually a very welcome breakfast when someone has been B&B'ing for a week!
Alibi Ike said:
Bacon & eggs. Very simple. It's usually a very welcome breakfast when someone has been B&B'ing for a week!
I'd love some bacon and eggs right now. Heck, I'd love any breakfast someone else made for me!
Right now, I've got a professional chef in one of my rooms. He and his new wife ate about 2 bites of breakfast this morning! The rest of our guests cleaned their plates. I'm pulling my hair out to figure out what breakfat will be tomorrow.

Alibi Ike said:
I'd love some bacon and eggs right now. Heck, I'd love any breakfast someone else made for me!
Right now, I've got a professional chef in one of my rooms. He and his new wife ate about 2 bites of breakfast this morning! The rest of our guests cleaned their plates. I'm pulling my hair out to figure out what breakfat will be tomorrow.
Just relax and prepare what you normally would. Chefs usually work a lot of late nights, I've not met many who are ever even awake for breakfast, let alone eating it. Don't assume they didn't like it!

Alibi Ike said:
Just relax and prepare what you normally would. Chefs usually work a lot of late nights, I've not met many who are ever even awake for breakfast, let alone eating it. Don't assume they didn't like it!
These are the ones who made the online reservation saying the wife was a "pecatarian". Sheesh.
Thanks DD, I know I should just relax about it, but easier said than done. I seem to be in my obsessive mode lately. Ugh.

Alibi Ike said:
I too have had a number of chefs who have stayed here. I used to freak out when I even heard that a chef had booked. But there is nothing that you can do about it and freaking out won't actually solve anything. Just relax and make your regular breakfast. They are usually happy that someone else is cooking and happier if it's something innovative and new to them.
Key-lime pancakes with coconut syrup. I don't do the streusel, but the syrup works beautifully.

Alibi Ike said:
These are the ones who made the online reservation saying the wife was a "pecatarian". Sheesh.
Thanks DD, I know I should just relax about it, but easier said than done. I seem to be in my obsessive mode lately. Ugh.
So, no meat, but fish is fine. Smoked salmon omelet instead of eggs with bacon :)

Alibi Ike said:
I'm laughing out loud, does that mean she eats chicken breast then (pec-atarian)???
Believe me, I know the pressure you put on yourself! But just remember you are a BREAKFAST DIVA for goodness' sake! They're lucky to get your food.

Alibi Ike said:
My son is a chef - was chosen Illinois Chef of the Year by his peers. He NEVER criticizes another chef's cooking. He has NEVER critiqued (we asked how he liked...) - he just says, they do it differently. Just relax and do your thing.

Just reading the title of this thread made me think of a couple who comes a few times per year who get the ground-floor room and proceed to audibly be "enamored" with each other.
rolleyes.gif

Alibi Ike said:
I too have had a number of chefs who have stayed here. I used to freak out when I even heard that a chef had booked. But there is nothing that you can do about it and freaking out won't actually solve anything. Just relax and make your regular breakfast. They are usually happy that someone else is cooking and happier if it's something innovative and new to them.
Key-lime pancakes with coconut syrup. I don't do the streusel, but the syrup works beautifully.
LOVE the idea of this recipe. In my KISS mode I would substiute the limes for some marguerita mix. It's always on hand, keeps for a while and has all the requisite flavors. I'm trying it this week.

Alibi Ike said:
So, no meat, but fish is fine. Smoked salmon omelet instead of eggs with bacon :)
Yes, but the word is "pescatarian", and she said she was "pecatarian"...too funny.

Ike
I know you cook bacon frequently, and I've now tried it in the oven... usually comes out OK. How do you cook your bacon?
Innkeep said:
Ike
I know you cook bacon frequently, and I've now tried it in the oven... usually comes out OK. How do you cook your bacon?
We quit doing it in the oven. Now it's on the stove, cook it all up and pop it in the toaster oven to hot hold until brekkie.

Lot of guests like the bacon and eggs, especially with biscuits and gravy, and maybe cheesy grits....
Mtatoc said:
Lot of guests like the bacon and eggs, especially with biscuits and gravy, and maybe cheesy grits....
Yeah, like that biscuits and gravy & grits thing would go over here. No one expects a Yankee to put that on the table! I'd insult so many guests' mommas if I did that it wouldn't be funny.
Dry toast. And jam if you say please.

Back