Do you call back Caller ID?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Today I was gone most of the day, and when I checked my caller ID tonight (after 9pm my time) I noticed I had two out of state calls (no names attached). They did not leave a message.I know some people don't like to leave messages on answering machines. What do you do?
DO YOU CALL THEM BACK? Should I call them and let them know I got their number off caller ID? Would that make them mad? or if they were thinking of booking a room, would they think I was being pushy???? just wondering what i should do?

This is just my preference. I have had a few small businesses call me back from caller ID and it creeps me out. If I wanted them to call me, I would have left a message. If I didn't want them to call me back, I would have refrained from leaving a message (which is what I did). IF I always got calls back from not leaving a message I would have to start leaving messages saying "Hi, this is 555-8978 please do NOT call me back when you see this number on your caller ID."

I do not. A lot of them can be solicitation calls or other junk calls. I figure if it's a guest that they would leave a message, call back, or book online since our message reminds them of our web address.
Today I got a weird call, "This is a text message to a land line". I hung up. Anyone get that one??

Usually when I call back it's within a few minutes of when they called. Often they are still listening to my voice mail...
=)
Kk.

Usually when I call back it's within a few minutes of when they called. Often they are still listening to my voice mail...
=)
Kk..
I should have added that most of the time our land line is forwarded to my cell phone if I am not in the main house or if I'm out. If we go out to dinner or a movie & there are no guests in the house, I let the machine get it.

Caller id is not an answering service, you have no right calling them back and I would find it rude. If you have voice mail, and they decline leaving a message, don't call them back.

i don't call back. if they want me to call, they leave a message. we get a LOT of wrong numbers.
waste of time and money.

I only call back if it's a call to my cell and I could not get it out of my purse in time to answer. I think that is not creepy. But if it's the house line and they have called hours ago I don't call back. That seems strange to me.
Riki

NO. if they wanted a reservation they would have left you a message. Probably a telemarketer...dont' worry about it.

If I was already on the phone already speaking to the person and we lost our connection for some reason, I would use call display to call them back.
But if someone called me and chose not to leave a message, I would not call them back. It is the phone equivalent of spam.
The very few times anyone has done that to me, it felt intrusive and verging on rude. I don't want unsolicited phone calls from businesses, even if I did, at some point, dial their number.

I only call back if it's a call to my cell and I could not get it out of my purse in time to answer. I think that is not creepy. But if it's the house line and they have called hours ago I don't call back. That seems strange to me.
Riki.
I agree, if it was a just missed call (as within the last minute or so) I would call back using the caller ID. I would not find that creepy. It's the ones that call back an much later that bother me.

OK... I call back in a few minutes, but if it was hours later I probably wouldn't. But I forward my phone to my cell... it's never hours later.
=)
Kk.

Back