Do You Grow Your Own

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it until that yolky egg appeared.
chef.gif
I saw that is a huge fad at the moment in all the major metropolis, coddled eggs.
Cute idea, thanks for sharing it.

I liked it until that yolky egg appeared.
chef.gif
I saw that is a huge fad at the moment in all the major metropolis, coddled eggs.
Cute idea, thanks for sharing it..
If I made it I would whisk the egg up first, then fill the tomato. I would love the runny yolk, but I know guests wouldn't!

Now if you should have some of the grow your own land on the ground before ripening you can try this southern specialty... I even saw them at our little produce store today - the guy who delivered the ripe ones had these for sale beside them-- It involves dredging, dropping and draining:
Click here[/h1]

I may just have to try this for ME one day to test it. I prefer uncooked tomatoes at breakfast, don't know why. The yoke does look to be runny but the recipe says to cook til the egg is done, maybe it was taken out early for the picture
wink_smile.gif
As for Fried Green Tomatoes I could eat them any day any time...

Waiting on tomatoes to ripen here! That looks yummy to me, if the yolk was cooked a tad more. I like to dip toast but that looks really undercooked. I don't think guests would care for it if it was that runny.
I used to make fried green tomatoes here for breakfast for the guests...they were a fave.

Sorry..that does not appeal to me AT ALL :-(.
My guests had mixed reviews. I came across this from our B&B association cook book a few years back. One thing I learned was to make sure your tomatoe is well drained . I also put 1 tsp.pesto in the bottom then a wee bit of parm cheese.. I also cooked mine to a soft stage. Served it with an english Muffin.A small amount of home frys.

I love runny eggs but hate tomatoes, my husband is just the opposite. This looks really pretty but if I were to try it I'd check with my guests beforehand to see if a) they like tomatoes and b) how they like their eggs cooked.
I make this egg dish fairly often but I always check with guests before hand to see how they like their eggs cooked.

My guests had mixed reviews. I came across this from our B&B association cook book a few years back. One thing I learned was to make sure your tomatoe is well drained . I also put 1 tsp.pesto in the bottom then a wee bit of parm cheese.. I also cooked mine to a soft stage. Served it with an english Muffin.A small amount of home frys.
Just finished planting 12 basil plants for pesto and 25 tomato's-this will be a great recipe for the surplus in our kitchen garden
I would broil the tomato lightly prior to adding the rest of the recipe

Okay it is getting ridiculous. I passed on this recipe and all I hear is about the egg yolk, can people not see the forest through the trees?
I am thinking even like that stuffed bell pepper style recipe and using sausage and fennel or something to that nature. Get over the yolk awready! haha I fell prey to the yolk myself...now I can see the possibilities...

Okay it is getting ridiculous. I passed on this recipe and all I hear is about the egg yolk, can people not see the forest through the trees?
I am thinking even like that stuffed bell pepper style recipe and using sausage and fennel or something to that nature. Get over the yolk awready! haha I fell prey to the yolk myself...now I can see the possibilities....
Sorry, it was the entire egg thing for me :-( But honestly, I don't want to eat any tomato for breakfast, just couldn't take it that early. Sorry...picky eater here
embaressed_smile.gif

I am thinking even like that stuffed bell pepper style recipe and using sausage and fennel or something to that nature. Get over the yolk awready! haha I fell prey to the yolk myself...now I can see the possibilities....
Sorry, it was the entire egg thing for me :-( But honestly, I don't want to eat any tomato for breakfast, just couldn't take it that early. Sorry...picky eater here
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Yeah I hear ya. But you see most CROWN countries DO EAT a cooked tomato with breakfast. here is a typical Aussie breakfast (other than beans on toast and vegemite) :) Wait, ignore those pancakes, they were added as this is prob an american hotel in Sydney! You say toe-mae-toe I say toe-mah-toe
what-do-australians-eat-breakfast.jpg

Here from Cairns - great barrier reef Queensland area:
breakfast.jpg

PicForNewsletterApril2006AustraliaOrpheusAustralianBreakfast.JPG

502604017_d200a5d5ce_z.jpg

tumby_brekkie.jpg

embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Yeah I hear ya. But you see most CROWN countries DO EAT a cooked tomato with breakfast. here is a typical Aussie breakfast (other than beans on toast and vegemite) :) Wait, ignore those pancakes, they were added as this is prob an american hotel in Sydney! You say toe-mae-toe I say toe-mah-toe
what-do-australians-eat-breakfast.jpg

Here from Cairns - great barrier reef Queensland area:
breakfast.jpg

PicForNewsletterApril2006AustraliaOrpheusAustralianBreakfast.JPG

502604017_d200a5d5ce_z.jpg

tumby_brekkie.jpg

Oh yes, I know... We traveled to Ireland and am most familiar with the breakfast. Guess who didn't eat much breakfast on the trip :) Now give me Italy...NUTELLA everyday on everything!!!!

We have a thick slice of locally grown tomato on every savory breakfast plate. We rarely have someone who does not eat it. We boast a big southern breakfast and this is one of those things that our guests really enjoy. The tomatoes are very large (a slice is big enough to cover your burger) and taste amazing. We often have people asking for directions to the produce market where we bought them.
I'm not a fan of cooked tomatoes, though I love spaghetti sauce. I just don't like chunks of cooked tomatoes in anything. Personal thing...

Just finished planting 12 basil plants for pesto and 25 tomato's-this will be a great recipe for the surplus in our kitchen garden
I would broil the tomato lightly prior to adding the rest of the recipe
I love to use basil! I chop basil leaves very fine and add to my tossed salads and get rave reviews on my salads.

Back