Do you have a motto? Do you have a logo?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Do you have either or both of these?
Do they work together or totally different, ie you have Red Cedar Lodge your logo is a tree. But your motto is: "Come to the mountains and leave the city stress behind" or something...
Where do you display these? Merchandise, website, blog, directories, etc...?

It’s exactly where I’m working on at the moment (besides all the other stuff).
We decided to keep the Name of the B&B but will change the sub headline/motto. A new logo has to be developed as well as a color scheme and the fonts for the Logo/motto and the normal fonts for online and offline marketing materials. Actually I’m trying to setup the CI for the whole marketing.
And yes the Logo and motto will be carried though all marketing materials. It has to be constant and repeated to build up a brand. And be recognized.

We have a logo, but not a motto. Our logo graces our sign, website and letterhead, but nothing else. We don't have logo-ed shirts or aprons or anything like that. We discussed it, but decided we didn't think the 'kitch' represented us.

Logo....is on my truck and web site ( the big B with ivy on it ..etc.) Motto...'. Escape to Shenandoah Valleys best kept secret'..Mary in Bridgewater Va.p.s. another B&B has started to use this motto also.

Logo and motto. Logo is on letterhead, website, ads and all of our "for sale" items such as mugs, coasters, ornaments, magnets. Our motto is on the website and letterhead only. Branding is so important...get a logo and a color scheme and use it consistently, it brands you and makes your place easy to recognize. It also looks professional when it's consistent.

Logo and motto. Logo is on letterhead, website, ads and all of our "for sale" items such as mugs, coasters, ornaments, magnets. Our motto is on the website and letterhead only. Branding is so important...get a logo and a color scheme and use it consistently, it brands you and makes your place easy to recognize. It also looks professional when it's consistent..
InnsiderInfo said:
Logo and motto. Logo is on letterhead, website, ads and all of our "for sale" items such as mugs, coasters, ornaments, magnets. Our motto is on the website and letterhead only. Branding is so important...get a logo and a color scheme and use it consistently, it brands you and makes your place easy to recognize. It also looks professional when it's consistent.
I totally agree. We have a motto, but don't really use it much because it's a bit long and outdated (it came with the inn) and we have 2 logos. The main logo which is on mugs, t-shirts, sweat-shirts, scratch pads, etc., is the illistration of our inn. The other logo is much simpler, can be embroidered easier/cheaper and is used on our robes, letterhead, printed menus , etc.
I agree with innsider's statement that it looks professional. I just received a google alert from a guest's blog entry. They stayed at several B&Bs on their trip and one of the things he said about us besides how much he enjoyed his stay, was that we were very professional. I think it's because of the branding that sets us apart.

Logo and motto. Logo is on letterhead, website, ads and all of our "for sale" items such as mugs, coasters, ornaments, magnets. Our motto is on the website and letterhead only. Branding is so important...get a logo and a color scheme and use it consistently, it brands you and makes your place easy to recognize. It also looks professional when it's consistent..
InnsiderInfo said:
I totally agree. We have a motto, but don't really use it much because it's a bit long and outdated (it came with the inn) and we have 2 logos. The main logo which is on mugs, t-shirts, sweat-shirts, scratch pads, etc., is the illistration of our inn. The other logo is much simpler, can be embroidered easier/cheaper and is used on our robes, letterhead, printed menus , etc.
I agree with innsider's statement that it looks professional. I just received a google alert from a guest's blog entry. They stayed at several B&Bs on their trip and one of the things he said about us besides how much he enjoyed his stay, was that we were very professional. I think it's because of the branding that sets us apart.
Very cool that someone blogged about you! Nice one.

i am soooo curious about what place seeben is thinking of buying!!!

We have a logo and a motto. "Welcome to the Post Oak Savannah"
Logo is used on our website, advertising, stationary, signs, car magnets, clothing. I'm trying to convince DW that we need logo tattoos. (kidding)

We have both. A friend of ours did a pen and ink drawing of our front door which is referred to as a "Georgian Door" It has leaded windows on either side and a fan leaded window above. These doors are also referred to a Dublin Doors. Fits right in with the Irish theme. Our motto is "Where the Kettle is Always on for a Welcoming Cup of Tea" The logo and motto are both in the header of each page on our website and the logo is on our business cards, soaps & shampoos.

DH did a line drawing of the house our first year and that became our logo. Several years later, our listing in the State fulfillment magazine allowed us 15 words to describe our inn. It finally hit me that this was what our guests were saying as they left and it became our motto/slogan whatever one wants to call it and both appear on my business card, the signs on my car, leterhead...
Where you are treated like a guest, but feel like family.

We have both. A friend of ours did a pen and ink drawing of our front door which is referred to as a "Georgian Door" It has leaded windows on either side and a fan leaded window above. These doors are also referred to a Dublin Doors. Fits right in with the Irish theme. Our motto is "Where the Kettle is Always on for a Welcoming Cup of Tea" The logo and motto are both in the header of each page on our website and the logo is on our business cards, soaps & shampoos..
JeannineIrish said:
We have both. A friend of ours did a pen and ink drawing of our front door which is referred to as a "Georgian Door" It has leaded windows on either side and a fan leaded window above. These doors are also referred to a Dublin Doors. Fits right in with the Irish theme. Our motto is "Where the Kettle is Always on for a Welcoming Cup of Tea" The logo and motto are both in the header of each page on our website and the logo is on our business cards, soaps & shampoos.
I will tell you that I've always wanted to come stay with you because your motto is so warm & welcoming! This is not just something I'm saying, it's the actual truth!

our logo is the styized S (swan) our motto is "a wonderful old home in a charming old town" (thanks, El)

Our motto "Making Friends One Stay At a Time" is on everything. We have a logo of sorts on our brochure and the bottom of each page of our website.
I think our motto, more than anything, describes what it's going to be like to stay here, what the atmosphere will be. Thus the uppity stiffs don't even reserve and I don't have to deal with them. Just nice people who want to make friends.

We have both. A friend of ours did a pen and ink drawing of our front door which is referred to as a "Georgian Door" It has leaded windows on either side and a fan leaded window above. These doors are also referred to a Dublin Doors. Fits right in with the Irish theme. Our motto is "Where the Kettle is Always on for a Welcoming Cup of Tea" The logo and motto are both in the header of each page on our website and the logo is on our business cards, soaps & shampoos..
JeannineIrish said:
I will tell you that I've always wanted to come stay with you because your motto is so warm & welcoming! This is not just something I'm saying, it's the actual truth!
GeorgiaGirl said:
JeannineIrish said:
What a nice thing to say. You just made my day. We'd love to have you come and stay with us some day.
cheers.gif
And for friends the beer is always cold.

JeannineIrish said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
JeannineIrish said:
What a nice thing to say. You just made my day. We'd love to have you come and stay with us some day.
cheers.gif
JeannineIrish said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
JeannineIrish said:
cheers.gif
Thanks! I would love to get up there again. We were actually up there this year during the college move out weekend. It was funny walking around in the dark seeing everyone dumpster dive. Those kids throw anything out when they go back home, don't they??! We had a change of plans and looked on the map to decided where to drive to for the night and we choose your city. We ended up at the Hampton Inn and later when we got home I realized that we were in your town.....I was so dissapointed that we didn't at the very least look you up to say hi, much less to see if you had a room for the night
cry_smile.gif

our logo is the styized S (swan) our motto is "a wonderful old home in a charming old town" (thanks, El).
greyswan said:
our logo is the styized S (swan) our motto is "a wonderful old home in a charming old town" (thanks, El)
"with wonderful innkeepers"
Joe Bloggs said:
greyswan said:
"with wonderful innkeepers"
Thanks, Joe! :)

No Logo
Out Motto; "Many come as strangers, most leave as friends!"
Our Pledge: We will endeavour to make your stay as memorable and enjoyable as possible.
Harry

Back