Do You Have a Signature Dish?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Do you have a specific dish that you're known for? Something you attach your name to?
Just curious!
I've got our cookie and a crustless quiche that uses our name "XYZ Breakfast Pie"

Trying to.
Wanting it to be a memorable name. Remember when I was asking about blue cheese, as I wanted to have a blue ridge something or other. Ended up with the "Blue Ridge Butt-Kickin' Quiche" in hopes of some foodie media picking it up, which they didn't.
I am still going to make my moonshine marmalade, but haven't.

PS If anyone is ever game and wants to put an innspiring cookbook together, let us know. We can all submit a recipe, photo and more. and sell them online from our whatevers...blog/fb/gift shop
"Breakfast Innspirations" or something...

Trying to.
Wanting it to be a memorable name. Remember when I was asking about blue cheese, as I wanted to have a blue ridge something or other. Ended up with the "Blue Ridge Butt-Kickin' Quiche" in hopes of some foodie media picking it up, which they didn't.
I am still going to make my moonshine marmalade, but haven't..
I love the moonshine marmalade idea!

OT a little bit...Remember some time ago I was struggle with what to do with my cookie recipe? I decided to take it out of my cookbook and keep it a secret from now on. Now that I have my commercial kitchen and restaurant license, I'm going to make up the dough, weigh it and put it in a container, then freeze it. I'll be selling the dough here at the b&b (not taking it to market).
I've priced out the ingredients and including container & labels, it's $2.50 per 16oz which makes 36 cookies. I'm selling it for $8.00. I've sold a couple already and I haven't even put out a sign for the guests to know.
We'll see how it goes!

We do! And it's something really simple. Blueberry pancakes. The unfortunate bit? Everyone thinks that's what they're going to get so we get some grumpuses in the morning when that's not what they get.

We do! And it's something really simple. Blueberry pancakes. The unfortunate bit? Everyone thinks that's what they're going to get so we get some grumpuses in the morning when that's not what they get..
Yum! How do you keep up with making all those pancakes for that many rooms? Do you hold them in the oven?
We've got 2 blueberry farms within walking distance of us so I use a lot of them in the summer.

This is a great question... I'm known for my breakfast but not specifically any dish. Well, I am known for my (how did one person around here put it?) cookie, which isn't really a cookie. But we don't even give those away, they are an add-on you have to pay for. Lots of comments about one particular jam that I make. Hmmm...

We do! And it's something really simple. Blueberry pancakes. The unfortunate bit? Everyone thinks that's what they're going to get so we get some grumpuses in the morning when that's not what they get..
Yum! How do you keep up with making all those pancakes for that many rooms? Do you hold them in the oven?
We've got 2 blueberry farms within walking distance of us so I use a lot of them in the summer.
Breakfast Diva said:
We limit blueberry pancakes to nights when we have less than 5 rooms. Every batch is made fresh. The only time we 'hot hold' pancakes is if there is a group (and we really try to NOT have pancakes when we have a group). We'll make 2 servings, pop in oven and make the rest fresh and salt in an 'old' with a 'new'.
Blueberry pancakes are hard because the griddle has to be cleaned between each batch so the next batch isn't purple.

Breakfast Diva said:
We limit blueberry pancakes to nights when we have less than 5 rooms. Every batch is made fresh. The only time we 'hot hold' pancakes is if there is a group (and we really try to NOT have pancakes when we have a group). We'll make 2 servings, pop in oven and make the rest fresh and salt in an 'old' with a 'new'.
Blueberry pancakes are hard because the griddle has to be cleaned between each batch so the next batch isn't purple.
Do you dust the blueberries with flour before you put them into the batter?

I don't have a signature dish. The previous owners had some kind of coffee cake as their signature dish, I found the recipe and wasn't impressed. I do kind of wish I had something but I haven't quite figured it out yet.
Now if I could figure out how to make my cheesecake my signature dish I'd be set. It doesn't exactly work for breakfast though. :/

I don't have a signature dish. The previous owners had some kind of coffee cake as their signature dish, I found the recipe and wasn't impressed. I do kind of wish I had something but I haven't quite figured it out yet.
Now if I could figure out how to make my cheesecake my signature dish I'd be set. It doesn't exactly work for breakfast though. :/.
Miss O'Hara said:
Now if I could figure out how to make my cheesecake my signature dish I'd be set. It doesn't exactly work for breakfast though. :/
It would for me....

Now if I could figure out how to make my cheesecake my signature dish I'd be set. It doesn't exactly work for breakfast though. :/.
Miss O'Hara said:
It would for me....
Cheesecake is my absolute favorite food. When I have it in the house I totally have it with coffee for breakfast. I don't think it's what guests expect though. lol
I have thought about creating a picnic package just so I can highlight my cheesecake.

Breakfast Diva said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
We don't put them in the batter per se. We put them in once the pancakes are cooked on one side. It's when we flip them over on the griddle and they start to steam that we get the purple on the griddle.

Miss O'Hara said:
It would for me....
Cheesecake is my absolute favorite food. When I have it in the house I totally have it with coffee for breakfast. I don't think it's what guests expect though. lol
I have thought about creating a picnic package just so I can highlight my cheesecake.
Miss O'Hara said:
Do you have an afternoon refreshment or evening? Maybe you can feature it at that time. I know nearby there is a place that has strawberry cheesecake milk shakes with chunks of cheesecake that I keep hearing about.

I would do a mini cheesecake as a starter.

Miss O'Hara said:
It would for me....
Have you thought about doing a savory version? Cut the sugar and use breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs for the crust, you can use mixins like bacon and caramelized onions or smoked salmon and green onions, even sub some of the cream cheese with ricotta or goat cheese. Although, a mini cheesecake with lots of fresh fruit doesn't sound any more decadent for breakfast than many of the fancier French toast recipes.

Miss O'Hara said:
It would for me....
A b&b near me ends every breakfast with a tiny slice of cheesecake. She says it's about 2 bites and the guests love it.
Go for it & see what happens!

Miss O'Hara said:
It would for me....
A b&b near me ends every breakfast with a tiny slice of cheesecake. She says it's about 2 bites and the guests love it.
Breakfast Diva said:
Yeah interesting that we think eating cake for breakfast is okay, but not cheesecake. Give me the cheesecake!
(muffins)

Back