Do you have a tried and true fudge recipe?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
There are a million of them online, and I have some old recipes (where the fudge dries out pretty quick), and microwave recipes
Do you have a nice fudge recipe you are willing to share? Peanut butter fudge or half and half would be the family favorite, I want to make it and send it in a tin to some relatives. THNX!

Yes I would like a good peanut butter fudge recipe also.

My Mom had one with marshmallow creme that was awesome. Will have to try to find it.

[tr]
[td]Peanut Butter Fudge[/td]
[/tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[tr]
pb_fudge_2_165x189.jpg
[/td]

• 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 stick butter or margarine
  • 1 can (5 oz) Evaporated Milk
  • 1 Jar (7 1/2oz) Marshmallow Fluff
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 9 oz Peanut Butter (creamy or chunky)
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

Grease a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside. In large saucepan combine first 5 ingredients. Stir over low heat until blended. Over medium heat, bring to a full-rolling boil being careful not to mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling. Boil slowly, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter until blended. Turn into greased pan and cool.Makes 2 1/2 pounds.

Hint: As with all fudge recipes, cooking time will vary depending on factors such as humidity and altitude. For best results, use the softball test to make sure the fudge has been cooked enough. [/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
with apologies as i know this should go in the recipe section, but i'm copying it right from the yummy book published by marshmallow fluff. and heading out the door.
i also make their chocolate fudge

[tr]
[td]Never-Fail-Fudge[/td]
[/tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[tr]
fudge1.jpg
[/td]

• 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 5 oz. can evaporated milk (2/3 c.)
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 12-oz. package semi-sweet chocolate pieces
  • 1 /2 c. chopped walnuts
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Grease a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside. In large saucepan combine the first 5 ingredients. Stir over low heat until blended. Increase heat to Medium and bring to a full-rolling boil being careful not to mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling. Boil slowly, stirring constantly for 5 minutes (use Soft-Ball test). Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and chocolate until chocolate is melted. Add nuts. Turn into greased pan and cool. Makes 2 1/2 pounds.

Hint: As with all fudge recipes, cooking time will vary depending on factors such as humidity and altitude. For best results, use the softball test to make sure the fudge has been cooked enough. [/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
if you go to marshmallowfluff.com you can download The Yummy Book for free and have all their recipes. Marshmallow Fluff was made in my home town when i was little, so i HAD to share these recipes from them!

The one on the marshmallow creme jar is easy and very creamy. You can add nuts or not.
I deep sixed my other fudge recipes after I first made it.
I do have a great recipe for Tiger Butter which is peanut butter and white chocolate fudge.

[tr]
[/tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[tr]
pb_fudge_2_165x189.jpg
[/td]

• 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

Grease a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside. In large saucepan combine first 5 ingredients. Stir over low heat until blended. Over medium heat, bring to a full-rolling boil being careful not to mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling. Boil slowly, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter until blended. Turn into greased pan and cool.Makes 2 1/2 pounds.

[/tr]

[/table]
with apologies as i know this should go in the recipe section, but i'm copying it right from the yummy book published by marshmallow fluff. and heading out the door.

[tr]
[/tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[tr]
fudge1.jpg
[/td]

• 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
Grease a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside. In large saucepan combine the first 5 ingredients. Stir over low heat until blended. Increase heat to Medium and bring to a full-rolling boil being careful not to mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling. Boil slowly, stirring constantly for 5 minutes (use Soft-Ball test). Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and chocolate until chocolate is melted. Add nuts. Turn into greased pan and cool. Makes 2 1/2 pounds.

[/tr]

[/table]
if you go to marshmallowfluff.com you can download The Yummy Book for free and have all their recipes. Marshmallow Fluff was made in my home town when i was little, so i HAD to share these recipes from them!.
here is one I tryed this year.
Lemon fudge
1 1/2 tsp. plus 1/2 cup butter.
1 pkg. 4oz cooked lemon pudding mix.
1/2 cup cold 2% milk
3 3/4 cups icing sugar
1 tsp. lemon extract
Directions:
A 9 inch sq. pan line with greased foil ,with 1 1/2 tsp. butter; set aside
Large heavy saucepan,combine pudding mix ,milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heatuntil thickened. Remove from the heat . Beat in icing sugar and extract . Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerste until set. Using foil , lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil cut fudge into squartes. Store in the refrigerate until set.
using foil lift fudge out of pan. discard foil
Cut fudge into 1 inch squares Store in the fridge .

[tr]
[/tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[tr]
pb_fudge_2_165x189.jpg
[/td]

• 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

[/tr]

[/table]

[tr]
[/tr]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[tr]
fudge1.jpg
[/td]

• 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

[/tr]

[/table]
if you go to marshmallowfluff.com you can download The Yummy Book for free and have all their recipes. Marshmallow Fluff was made in my home town when i was little, so i HAD to share these recipes from them!.
here is one I tryed this year.
Lemon fudge
1 1/2 tsp. plus 1/2 cup butter.
1 pkg. 4oz cooked lemon pudding mix.
1/2 cup cold 2% milk
3 3/4 cups icing sugar
1 tsp. lemon extract
Directions:
A 9 inch sq. pan line with greased foil ,with 1 1/2 tsp. butter; set aside
Large heavy saucepan,combine pudding mix ,milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heatuntil thickened. Remove from the heat . Beat in icing sugar and extract . Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerste until set. Using foil , lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil cut fudge into squartes. Store in the refrigerate until set.
using foil lift fudge out of pan. discard foil
Cut fudge into 1 inch squares Store in the fridge .
Brown Sugar Fudge
2 cups packed b sugar
1 cup w sugar
1 cup whipping cream
3tbsp.corn syrup
2 tbsp.unsalted butter
1/4 tsp. salt
pinch baking soda 1 tsp vanilla
Grease bottom and sides of large heavy sauce pan.
Add b sugar,and white sugar. cream, corn syrup,butter, salt and baking soda:stir over medium-low
heat .until melted.
Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil over medium heat. Boil with out stirring but brushing down down sides of pan with pastry brush dipped in cold water ,until candy thermometer reaches 234F that will take about 12 to 14 min.,or soft ball stage,(when 1 tsp dropped into cold water forms a soft ball
dip bottom of sauce pan into cold water for one min. Let cool undisturbed on rack until luke warm(110F) 30 to 45 mins)
With a stand mixer fitted with a paddle. Beat in vanilla until thickened and just starting to lose the gloss that may take about 4 mins.
IMMEDIATLY SCRAPE INTO A GREASED PARCHMENT PAPER,-lined 8 inch squ pan. Make sure you spread evenly . Let cool in a safe place(out of sight) that will take about 25 mins.
Remove from pan using knife dipped into hot water cut into 1 inch pieces.
You can add nuts on top if you wish before it sets

Back