Do you know why I chose your B & B?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Had a call earlier today asking about availability in August. Sisters meet in the middle for 1 night. She called back tonight to book. After I finished taking her info, she said, "Do you want to know why I chose your B & B?" Yes, please. I Go ogled for a B & B in the area and 3 came up. I looked at the first one and it looked lovely. My husband told me to check reviews. They were horrible. I looked at yours and they are all glowing reviews. That says a lot for you as an innkeeper." I would have said Aw Shucks but said thank you instead. (She then told me how to check my reviews
embaressed_smile.gif
.)

We use the Bed and Breakfast.com reviews widget on our home page. I can't tell you how many reservations that has brought us. The second thing that grabs them (or perhaps the first) are our photos.
I've comtemplated signing on to Trip Advisor, but refuse to do so because of all the horror stories I've read on this forum.

We use the Bed and Breakfast.com reviews widget on our home page. I can't tell you how many reservations that has brought us. The second thing that grabs them (or perhaps the first) are our photos.
I've comtemplated signing on to Trip Advisor, but refuse to do so because of all the horror stories I've read on this forum..
Proud Texan said:
I've comtemplated signing on to Trip Advisor, but refuse to do so because of all the horror stories I've read on this forum.
I still would not sign on with T A. If a guest posts a review, I got it for free. Why pay? It was nice to hear though. I have also been told it was because of my web site. The why changes with almost every guest. Have also had guests because I had the ONLY room available in the area.

I've comtemplated signing on to Trip Advisor, but refuse to do so because of all the horror stories I've read on this forum..
Has anyone ever reviewed you on T A? If so, you are there already. You just don't have a link / widget to your listing on your site.
Yes there are horror stories here, but on the other hand, my good buddies have gotten the majority of their business from TA because they have been in their top 10 B 7 B's for 5 years! AMAZING :)
Only one negative review out of over 500. None of which were ever requested or even mentioned.
And the negative one was because someone showed up with a baby and it specifically said no children on their site and they knew it via confirmation as well. Still showed up with a baby and they refused to let them stay. So of course they were ticked. Tough cookies!

Back