Do you know your neighbors?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
This is a verified false email that has been going around.
Do you know your neighbors?

I mean, REALLY know your neighbors?

Well, the attached site will help you know the ones you need to know even better. Just put in your address & your neighborhood map will pop up. Every place you see a red balloon or thumb tack is the home of a convicted felon.

Just hover your mouse over an icon & not only will the name come up, but also the crime they were convicted of.

Safety first.
http://www.felonspy.com/search.html

In this town everyone knows everyone and is related to half of them through marriage or a couple generations back there will be mutual grandparents. If my neighbor was a convicted felon the whole town would know.

My neighborhood shows felons living on streets that have not been built yet.

My neighborhood shows a felon living in a public park.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Maybe they're homeless? That must be some sophisticated tracking mechanism...

Go to snopes and see what they say about that site:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/felonspy.asp

DANG!!! I knew it was false and thought I would post it anyway, I shoulda checked snopes!
I FELL INTO THE TRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Hi All. this site is not a hoax. It is a site that tracks child molestors. It is familywatchdog.us.
When you enter your address, a little icon of a house (this is YOUR house) will show up on the map. Then look for red, yellow, etc. little blocks on that map. The color chart at the left will show you what each color stands for. Click on that color, and it will bring up the name and pictures of the offender, as well as what offense was comitted.
These blocks constitute a registered sex offender in your area.
These statistics are compiled by the US Dept of Justice, as well as many other sources.
It is a little scarey, but knowledge is power.
I emailed this site to all my loved ones with children. Not to scare them, just to make them aware.

I'm surprised this site is "still in business." Most of our neighbors have been here for YEARS, and the names don't even seem REMOTELY accurate. And yes, some of them live in the middle of the prairie.

I'm surprised this site is "still in business." Most of our neighbors have been here for YEARS, and the names don't even seem REMOTELY accurate. And yes, some of them live in the middle of the prairie..
Yes, the U.S Depart of Justice needs to update this site. But once a child molestor, always a child molestor.
I will research this about updating this site. I'll post back when I hear.

I'm surprised this site is "still in business." Most of our neighbors have been here for YEARS, and the names don't even seem REMOTELY accurate. And yes, some of them live in the middle of the prairie..
Yes, the U.S Depart of Justice needs to update this site. But once a child molestor, always a child molestor.
I have no problems with the Family Watch Dog. I should have explained it was the felon site I had a problem with. Addresses/locations that doesn't exist with residents who may not even live remotely close.
I work for the local cop shop. We alert officers when they encounter felons and child molesters. They make F.O. cards, they call them. I forget what that stands for. I'm sure the info gets inputted somewhere for distribution.

I have no problems with the Family Watch Dog. I should have explained it was the felon site I had a problem with. Addresses/locations that doesn't exist with residents who may not even live remotely close.
I work for the local cop shop. We alert officers when they encounter felons and child molesters. They make F.O. cards, they call them. I forget what that stands for. I'm sure the info gets inputted somewhere for distribution.
A child molestor will register, using a bogus address. "F.O. card" = Felon Offender card.
It's up the the US Dept of Justice to make this right.

A child molestor will register, using a bogus address. "F.O. card" = Felon Offender card.
It's up the the US Dept of Justice to make this right.
I remembered. In our jurisdiction, for our purposes, it is called a "Field Obsevation" card and involves gang members, and folks on probation, too.

You shouldn't be "surprised" this site is still in business, you should be thanking your lucky stars that someone cares enough to put up a site like this.
So the predator moved. Moved into someone else's neighborhood. His face is right up there for everyone to see.
Maybe your neighbors have aliases ?

Hi All. this site is not a hoax. It is a site that tracks child molestors. It is familywatchdog.us.
When you enter your address, a little icon of a house (this is YOUR house) will show up on the map. Then look for red, yellow, etc. little blocks on that map. The color chart at the left will show you what each color stands for. Click on that color, and it will bring up the name and pictures of the offender, as well as what offense was comitted.
These statistics are compiled by the US Dept of Justice, as well as many other sources.
I emailed this site to all my loved ones with children. Not to scare them, just to make them aware..
trishany said:
I emailed this site to all my loved ones with children. Not to scare them, just to make them aware.
Trisha, I'm confused.
When you say, "this site" are you referring to the one at the beginning of the thread, felonspy.com? If so, it is in fact a hoax and you can read more about it here: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/felonspy.asp
If you are referring to familywatchdog.us, then yes, that is a legitimate site that shows local offenders.
=)
Kk.

You shouldn't be "surprised" this site is still in business, you should be thanking your lucky stars that someone cares enough to put up a site like this.
So the predator moved. Moved into someone else's neighborhood. His face is right up there for everyone to see.
Maybe your neighbors have aliases ?
And live in grass huts in the middle of nowhere? Use this address, where I used to live, and you will see what I mean: 1008 Grandview Ave. Bellevue, NE.

Back