Do you leave the heating on all night

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guest rooms are individually heated and we keep the common areas at 68 degrees. In our location, the health department says that when we have guests, it can't go below 68.

We turn the main thermostats down to 64 at night and up to 68-70 in the early morning. The guest rooms are controlled by one thermostat and we keep that at 68-70 in the winter.

Those are reasonable temps for winter.
As winter approaches.......I think to myself.....maybe this will be the winter I won't have to wear Tshirts and shorts in the house.

Our cottages each have individual electric radiators and down comforters. We've had some guest to turn the heat off and sleep with the windows open. That's not my preference, but hey, knock yourself out.
In the main house, we just installed a new central unit (18.2 SEER Rating...awesome!) It allows us to set a time and temperature to our desired settings. So, we can have the temperature set to 50º at night then there will be a gradual warm up to 68º by 7 a.m. We supplement the heat with a woodburning fireplace.

Back