Do you print out your blog posts?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
Not sure what category to put this under. I was thinking of printing out some blog posts for people to look through in the commons area. Don't really want to make a "book" of it all. I thought 3 ring binder. Does anyone out there do this? Do you have a print button on your posts so people can print them out themselves? Did you download special software or just add the code?

I use a WordPress blog and it adds a print function at the bottom of each post.
For those who DO want to turn their blog into a book, there are services that will handle that for you.

Not sure how your blog prints out but I've had guests complain they want to print a recipe and they get pages of stuff they don't want. Part of that is user error.
I think printing out posts is a great idea. What I would do, tho, rather than the book because no one ever looked at the books of stuff I printed out in years past is to have a bulletin board or something similar with a 'Spotlight on:...' focus and show one different blog post every week. (OK, I am now going to go do this!) You can repeat the ones that seem really popular.

Not sure how your blog prints out but I've had guests complain they want to print a recipe and they get pages of stuff they don't want. Part of that is user error.
I think printing out posts is a great idea. What I would do, tho, rather than the book because no one ever looked at the books of stuff I printed out in years past is to have a bulletin board or something similar with a 'Spotlight on:...' focus and show one different blog post every week. (OK, I am now going to go do this!) You can repeat the ones that seem really popular..
Thanks, I really like the bulletin board idea, I think my objective is to get guests interested in actually going there and reading it.
Blogger does not have a print button gadget, but I have seen posts online how to add one and some software ads featuring this, which seems like overkill. I think I will just try to add the code to alter the template.

"Blog to print" is one of the many. Which gives it a professional hard cover etc, but to print them out and add to them as you go, I think the three ringed binder would be better, just give it a really cool colorful cover insert on the binder to make it fun.
http://www.printfriendly.com/button Print widget for your blog, blogger, wordpress etc, You can select print/pdf and which icon you want. Two steps, easy to add to any blog.

I think printing out posts is a great idea. What I would do, tho, rather than the book because no one ever looked at the books of stuff I printed out in years past is to have a bulletin board or something similar with a 'Spotlight on:...' focus and show one different blog post every week. (OK, I am now going to go do this!) You can repeat the ones that seem really popular..
Thanks, I really like the bulletin board idea, I think my objective is to get guests interested in actually going there and reading it.
Blogger does not have a print button gadget, but I have seen posts online how to add one and some software ads featuring this, which seems like overkill. I think I will just try to add the code to alter the template.
If you find the print button code for blogger, let me know. It would save me eons of time with the recipes. Right now I have a link in the blog to a text page on my website so guests can print the recipe. It would be better to print in with the photos, tho.
So, to put a recipe on the blog I have to:
  • write the blog
  • add the recipe name to my website page with the recipes
  • add a text page to the website
  • link the text page to the webpage with the recipe names
  • add the text link to the blog

If you find the print button code for blogger, let me know. It would save me eons of time with the recipes. Right now I have a link in the blog to a text page on my website so guests can print the recipe. It would be better to print in with the photos, tho.
  • write the blog
Doesn't Pressing your CONTROL P keys bring up your print the page??? Mine sure does. :)

I posted the link. Not sure why if noone is interested, and they keep asking, there it is A PRINT BUTTON to print your blog posts, and in PDF format.

"Blog to print" is one of the many. Which gives it a professional hard cover etc, but to print them out and add to them as you go, I think the three ringed binder would be better, just give it a really cool colorful cover insert on the binder to make it fun.
http://www.printfriendly.com/button Print widget for your blog, blogger, wordpress etc, You can select print/pdf and which icon you want. Two steps, easy to add to any blog..
Thanks Joey. This is the one I was going to try today. I am always too careful when taking something for free off the web. I saw one posting that only 79 sites are using this and my security software posted their site as unknown. Just a fraidy cat.

• write the blog
Doesn't Pressing your CONTROL P keys bring up your print the page??? Mine sure does. :)
Brings up the print option, but does not print. Shows a blank page in preview. Ditto if you use print screen, and even if you highlight and select text to print--still show blank page and does not print. This is why I think a print button add on to the template makes sense. Blogger does not have one.

I posted the link. Not sure why if noone is interested, and they keep asking, there it is A PRINT BUTTON to print your blog posts, and in PDF format..
In follow up to my fraidy cat post below, I just found a site that uses it and printed off from it. A big ol pop up came up for a laundry detergent. It did print the post tho.... I would prefer not to do that to people.

• write the blog
Brings up the print option, but does not print. Shows a blank page in preview. Ditto if you use print screen, and even if you highlight and select text to print--still show blank page and does not print. This is why I think a print button add on to the template makes sense. Blogger does not have one.
Go to innteractive to this article - click to lower icon for print pdf and see what comes up:
http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/2012/05/lonely-planet-names-blue-ridge-parkway.html

• write the blog
catlady said:
It's the trying to explain it to people that's hard. Plus, they generally have the whole blog open, not just that post. So it prints the whole 10 pages or so and all the extraneuous stuff on the side.

• write the blog
Go to innteractive to this article - click to lower icon for print pdf and see what comes up:
http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/2012/05/lonely-planet-names-blue-ridge-parkway.html
I see all the stuff you have added there on the blog, but I can't always add everything. Some things work and some don't. I think it's to do with the template I have.

• write the blog
Yours works just fine. Thanks. No unwanted ads. Will pull up my big girl techie panties and take a stab at it.

• write the blog
I see all the stuff you have added there on the blog, but I can't always add everything. Some things work and some don't. I think it's to do with the template I have.
Madeleine said:
Doesn't show on my current template. But it is customized, if it is a standard blogger template it works fine, I added it to two other blogs.

• write the blog
OK so I did the link and now the post prints, but up pop the ol laundry detergent ad too. Nice. The format of the blog is gone too all picts printed on right side. Info is there, but it looks bad--wouldn't want to pin that up. Internet Explorer blocked script between sites when I tried to use their widget button so I copied code. What can I do? Edited to add: printing screen gives you B&B ads.

• write the blog
OK so I did the link and now the post prints, but up pop the ol laundry detergent ad too. Nice. The format of the blog is gone too all picts printed on right side. Info is there, but it looks bad--wouldn't want to pin that up. Internet Explorer blocked script between sites when I tried to use their widget button so I copied code. What can I do? Edited to add: printing screen gives you B&B ads.
Yeah, I hate when there is extra stuff hidden in the code.

Back