Do you sell rooms on Hotels.com, Expedia etc etc?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we were in business we used them and got one reservation. Don't think its worth it and we where closed in the off season. I think 30% commission is way to much to loose unless you are really in need of heads in beds and its not like the person looking for a discounted price is really looking for a B & B experience.

When we were in business we used them and got one reservation. Don't think its worth it and we where closed in the off season. I think 30% commission is way to much to loose unless you are really in need of heads in beds and its not like the person looking for a discounted price is really looking for a B & B experience..
birdwatcher said:
When we were in business we used them and got one reservation. Don't think its worth it and we where closed in the off season. I think 30% commission is way to much to loose unless you are really in need of heads in beds and its not like the person looking for a discounted price is really looking for a B & B experience.
I completely disagree...about the worth of the program and about the guests. The worth is not in the reservations you get through the program, but the attention the property gets outside the program BECAUSE of the program. The guests we've had have NOT paid a discount, and have been just as nice and considerate as non-program guests....at least for us.

When we were in business we used them and got one reservation. Don't think its worth it and we where closed in the off season. I think 30% commission is way to much to loose unless you are really in need of heads in beds and its not like the person looking for a discounted price is really looking for a B & B experience..
I went into the program with an open mind even though I cringed about how much the commission was. Well, my first reservation was a 5 nighter, and it turned out it was a previous guest who had originally found us on bb.com, so when there again the next year to find us and instead of clicking to go to our website decided to make the reservation from the "book it now" button.
The next time I got a reservation, the same thing happened! So here I was, paying an enormous commission on reservations I would have gotten anyway because they were all return guests. That did it for me. I think what was happening was that people were googling my inns name and because bb.com ranks high on the search, the guest was clicking on the bb.com listing instead of my actual website. On just those 2 reservations I lost $450 and gained nothing...nope, too steep of a price for me.

Even I was not aware of the Hotels.com, Expedia etc to list our rooms. I have seen many such deals and offers online but not aware exactly that we can be get listed our rooms and hotel names there to get more customers. Thanks for bringing our attention to this.
Thanks
Steve
http://www.hotel-metropole.com

Back