Do you show comments from others on your Bed and Breakfast Blog?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
this goes along with the recent post about a guest reaction to a local restaurant
i just posted a blurb about a local fundraiser on the inn blog. it's fun, it's by donation and it's for a good cause.
when i say just, i mean i posted within 5 minutes, i received a lengthy rant from 'anonymous' that they had donated an auction item last year and were never thanked. that they are not made to feel welcome by locals, etc. that if (i) want support from outsiders that (i) should make them feel welcome, etc.
it's quite a rant. i have nothing to do with the fundraiser, i just posted an announcement about it on my blog.
i sent back a reply although i don't know if it can be sent to an 'anon', telling them i was sorry they were not thanked, and thanking them on behalf of everyone because they helped, that i passed the email along, but that i have nothing to do with the fundraiser. i just believe in the cause.
wow!
wow.gif

There is nothing you can or could do. This person is just ticked off and finally found a place to blow off the steam that had been building up in his/her pipes for a year.
I do believe I would answer the post with something to the affect that gee, I am sorry you feel that way. I was an outsider too but feel it is important to tell people this event exists since I now live here too and it is a good cause.

so i got a positive email with regard to the fundraiser.
that one i want to show.
since it's my blog, but was an extension of the b&b website, do you think i'm wrong to censor if i only share positive things? debating with myself whether or not to show the 'complaint' maybe i will show it and my response. i really didn't expect any comments ...

that one i want to show.
since it's my blog, but was an extension of the b&b website, do you think i'm wrong to censor if i only share positive things? debating with myself whether or not to show the 'complaint' maybe i will show it and my response. i really didn't expect any comments ....
seashanty said:
that one i want to show.
since it's my blog, but was an extension of the b&b website, do you think i'm wrong to censor if i only share positive things? debating with myself whether or not to show the 'complaint' maybe i will show it and my response. i really didn't expect any comments ...
It's your blog. Post whatever you want, and don't post whatever you don't want.
(But you knew that already...)
wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk.

I have only had one or two comments. I have showed them all until this last one with the bad review of the local restaurant. I can't see any good reason to show that kind of negative comment.

that one i want to show.
since it's my blog, but was an extension of the b&b website, do you think i'm wrong to censor if i only share positive things? debating with myself whether or not to show the 'complaint' maybe i will show it and my response. i really didn't expect any comments ....
seashanty said:
that one i want to show.
It appears your blog is being used by competing parties to advance their cause.
I have only gotten a couple of responses on my blog. Some were purely advertising for another B&B. 'Great blog. Visit mine.' that sort of thing.
You could always do a 'management repsonse' sort of thing and put the good and the bad out there with a note from you saying, 'This seems to have generated feelings on both sides of the issue. Make up your own mind.' In which case your blog may become VERY popular.

I do not get responses. My "blog" is on my web site - probably not where it needs to be, but all I have time for right now. I set up a blog on a blog site, but forget the ID & password so it is useles. Will try again this winter.

Back