"Do you take cash...."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InnBloom

Reaction score
"and will you take extra to kick the people out of (the room I want for Valentines) by telling them something's broken?"
Really??
Are you kidding??

omg_smile.gif
is this a joke? unreal ....

Just a general comment about cash, I don't say that I do on my website for security reasons, I don't want anyone thinking I have cash lying around (which I don't but they may think I do) and when someone calls I say yes I do that would be very nice because people rarely pay with cash and it saves me on cc fees.
SOMETIMES people are looking for a cash discount but again I don't like to be pessimistic about people's questions or hidden meanings which may not be there, so I do not presume.

I'm not sure I'd want those people! But, it's an interesting proposition. It's certainly been done in hotels and just recently.

While shocked, consider this - they REALLY liked what they found in YOUR B&B and they want to stay with you that much. This is the time to say, "what about a GC for her present and book for another weekend - double the romance!"

I'm not sure I'd want those people! But, it's an interesting proposition. It's certainly been done in hotels and just recently..
Alibi Ike said:
I'm not sure I'd want those people! But, it's an interesting proposition. It's certainly been done in hotels and just recently.
yes, hotels and airlines do this kind of thing. Another reason for "A Better Way to Stay!" - stay in a B&B where all reservations are equally important. I would never bump somebody! And I would not want the guest that would request that I do such a thing!
RIki

Pretty vervy! On the cash issue, I want a valid credit card no matter what. Our policy is the deposit is always charged and they can pay with cash for the remainder of their stay when they get here. I'd rather pay a little processing fee than get stiffed on a no show.

Yes I always get a cc number I was just making the comment about cash regarding "security" .. you never know who may be thinking what.

Some people have no scruples...that's a pretty up front request, isn't it? Unreal...
I actually know an innkeeper who might take that offer (not any friends of mine btw!).....

I always think you never know who they will tell and what if it was an undercover tax person? we declare every penny cos I want to expand and they base whether they will give you a mortgage on your turnover so it is in my best interest.

Back