Do you target Europeans or South Americans?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kudzu

Reaction score
We have lots of international visitors in our area. I would love to capture some of their business. How and where do you market to them? Please share your experiences. TIA

We don't market to any group per se. I think the different countries that end up visiting here do so because where I am is a pretty big 'touristy' area and has gotten a lot of press in guidebooks, magazines, online, etc. Because of location- 'NEW' England, our demographic is European. Altho, I do have quite a lot of pins in the map from Brazil.
How we get them is another mystery. MOST of them say they found me in guidebooks. So, there's a place to start. If you can get into a guidebook, that will also be online. Others just decide to come here, want the B&B experience and find us doing a search on Google.

I do target European and Asian visitors. I have my availability on sites they use, such as booking.com and hostelworld.com. Granted my place is more for the budget minded traveler, so the latter works. Also I look for European sites to join.

We listed with LodgingWorld.com and got a lot of business from Great Britain thru it. We also got written up in Rough Guides, which is a print guide many Europeans use.

If you want to target English visitors and european visitors I would try Laterooms and Booking.com they operate a number of different web sites but you only need to update your avaliability on one. They work on a commission basis so you only pay for what you get

WEBSITE. Get it up there with plenty of photos and info. Make sure they can book online so they can do it securely from overseas.

I am curious about the South Americans part of the question, I would like to hear more about this when you have the chance, we have never had any South Americans here. We do have Europeans and visitors from the UK and other countries and continents from time to time.

Back