Do you understand Zillow?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
We have our B&B listed on Zillow http://tinyurl.com/519high
As a FSBO listing I have access to my stats. In the past 24 hrs we have had 178 views to the listing (92 since midnight). It seems every weekend it jumps up to around that many views.
I think that is REALLY Good, but what do I know?? Not Much! But I do know when we were listed with realtors, the most 'views' we had was about 8 as a high.
Do any of you understand Zillow? and why we are getting SO many more views listed as a FSBO?

People think they will get a better deal for sale by owner and because they don't have to pay commission. Zillow is great!

How long ago were you listed with realtors? Maybe Zillow is just that much more popular now than it ws then. Or maybe your price is lower, so it is attracting more potential buyers? Many factors could explain for the jump in views. Hope it brings you something!

How long ago were you listed with realtors? Maybe Zillow is just that much more popular now than it ws then. Or maybe your price is lower, so it is attracting more potential buyers? Many factors could explain for the jump in views. Hope it brings you something!.
2 1/2 weeks since letting realtor go. We have always worked harder to sell our place than any of the Realtors we've hired.
Same price..

How long ago were you listed with realtors? Maybe Zillow is just that much more popular now than it ws then. Or maybe your price is lower, so it is attracting more potential buyers? Many factors could explain for the jump in views. Hope it brings you something!.
2 1/2 weeks since letting realtor go. We have always worked harder to sell our place than any of the Realtors we've hired.
Same price..
Sunshine said:

I completely agree with this statement. I went realtor route this time because I just couldn't handle the screening process. Too many dreamers out there and I got sick of looky-loos. Best of luck to you!

Same price..
Sunshine said:

I completely agree with this statement. I went realtor route this time because I just couldn't handle the screening process. Too many dreamers out there and I got sick of looky-loos. Best of luck to you!
yeah, lots of people full of dreams... but glad we still have people who dream and haven't given up... with all going on out there... we need dreamers in this world.
Doesn't make it easy for those of us trying to sell tho... I agree.
We did have a couple come stay and seemed like a perfect fit. before they left, they said they wanted to buy and do an all cash offer... just have to get their place ready and put it on the market first.... sigh... they still might end up being the 'ones'... depending on how long they take... but they didn't sign any contracts so.....
Good luck to you too Banana!

Same price..
Sunshine said:

yeah, lots of people full of dreams... but glad we still have people who dream and haven't given up... with all going on out there... we need dreamers in this world.
We did have a couple come stay and seemed like a perfect fit. before they left, they said they wanted to buy and do an all cash offer... just have to get their place ready and put it on the market first.... sigh... they still might end up being the 'ones'... depending on how long they take... but they didn't sign any contracts so.....
Sunshine said:

Yep...you just never know! It's hard to keep upbeat about it, especially after my sale fell through a couple years ago. I tried to get the passion for the business back, and just can't. So here I am again. But hopeful...always hopeful!

Same price..
Sunshine said:

At least they have an asset to sell - more and more "but we don't have any money's" all over - waste of everyone's time. Also the people who need family accommodation and waste time looking at places that don't

I don't trust any information on Zill. I love my realtor.
You need to get the busiest, most aggressive realtor. One who is in it for herself. If you make money, she makes money.

I don't trust any information on Zill. I love my realtor.
You need to get the busiest, most aggressive realtor. One who is in it for herself. If you make money, she makes money..
I am convinced the busiest, most aggressive, hungriest, out for themselves ect.. doesn't exist within 100 / possibly 200 miles of here!!

Back