Do You Warn Guests if there are NUTS in the house?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
The other topic on nuts in food got me thinking. We have frequent guests here who are just totally *different*. Not obnoxious, just out there. We have other frequent guests here at the same time and when I saw them cornered by the "nuts" I felt badly...do we owe them a heads-up or let them fend for themselves?

HA HA...sorry..they fend for themselves. Want to open yourself up to a libel case??? NO way.

Oddly enough I thought the same as you on that other title. I would say No, act like all guests are the same, even the weird ones.

Ain't no way no how I am going to warn them about the nuts that live here. They have to figure out their own avenue of escape if I cannot get to the OFF button installed on the back of DH soon enough!
Although this is a lovely city filled with nice people, many people in town decided we were NUTS when:
  • We moved here - on purpose
  • Opened a B & B
  • Became a Councilman
  • Stayed involved in City Hall when no longer on Council
  • Got involved in all the things I am involved with in town
  • DH used to wear 18th century and have the 1778 log house open once a week
  • DH is an artist
  • DH coaches the NJROTC Rifle Team at the high school

Given the nuts in this case won't kill them (you can hope), I'd let them fend for themselves, but perhaps try to divert the nuts if the other guests seem pinned down and uncomfortable.

No...they're on their own as grown-ups. However, if the "nuts" have cornered some other guests and you happen upon the situation, it's probably appreciated by the other guests if you rescue them!

Who isn't a little nuts these days? Lately I think most of my guests have been a little odd. Maybe it's the weather. We need spring.

was going to say we guarantee there are nuts here! lol.
was going to say we guarantee there are nuts here! lol
thumbs_up.gif

Do You Warn Guests if there are NUTS in the house?[/h1]Oh yes - we introduce ourselves right away!

I tried this once...taking a booking on the phone and when prompted the gentleman said "I avoid nuts when I can" to which I replied "We have a similar policy"...DEAD SILENCE. Oh well...

Who isn't a little nuts these days? Lately I think most of my guests have been a little odd. Maybe it's the weather. We need spring..
Country Girl said:
Who isn't a little nuts these days? Lately I think most of my guests have been a little odd. Maybe it's the weather. We need spring.
I once heard a psychologist suggest that Prozac should be put in the water at the source.

Back