Docking Stations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
A very high proportion of guests have App le charging leads in their rooms, today it was every single room.
I'm considering putting docking stations in the rooms but dh is concerned that it will encourage people to become a nuisance with their music.
Has anyone else done this and did it cause problems?

We have them here, and those who use them appreciate them. No loud music so far.

And be aware that the latest iPho ne has a DIFFERENT hook up than previous ones so current docking stations (which fit just about everything else) won't work on the newest. Of course, App le will also sell you an adaptor, and I'm sure new docking stations will be on the market (but won't fit the older phones).
I like Ap ple products, but really....there's no reason they couldn't have made the new iPho nes compatible with the old docking stations.

And be aware that the latest iPho ne has a DIFFERENT hook up than previous ones so current docking stations (which fit just about everything else) won't work on the newest. Of course, App le will also sell you an adaptor, and I'm sure new docking stations will be on the market (but won't fit the older phones).
I like Ap ple products, but really....there's no reason they couldn't have made the new iPho nes compatible with the old docking stations..
You MUST buy that adapter from Apple directly and it's $29. Apparently there is an intelligent chip to block third party cables from being used.
See http://gizmodo.com/5945889/some-third+party-adapters-might-not-work-with-your-new-iphone

Agreed with every new model the prev are made redundant and you can't use the same ol' same ol', so it is an endless battle. Technology. But one that most everyone enjoys.

I'll bet those adapters come with hidden little legs and they'll walk away pretty quickly if the inn buys them. Better to let the new iPhone users buy their own and bring it with them. It will keep some from enjoying the docking station, but you're in a no-win situation here.
As far as loud music, follow the same policy as for loud TVs. You have to knock on the door and ask them to keep it down. You could post a sign, but you know the story there.

We have had docking stations in our suites for over 5 years now. It has never been a problem.Ours has many adapters to fit different Mp3 player etc.
People have appreciated having it. We also have a electronics charging station for plugging in Laptops Tablets Smart Phones ETC.
It has USB and normal three prong receptacles. It also has surge protection. Almost every one travels with personal electronics.

I'll bet those adapters come with hidden little legs and they'll walk away pretty quickly if the inn buys them. Better to let the new iPhone users buy their own and bring it with them. It will keep some from enjoying the docking station, but you're in a no-win situation here.
As far as loud music, follow the same policy as for loud TVs. You have to knock on the door and ask them to keep it down. You could post a sign, but you know the story there..
When I got the plug-ins with USB chargers, each one came with a USB universal charging cord. Two of them got packed in the luggage (I will choose to assume inadvertently) so I went to our friendly Am az on and bought 10 of those cords for less than $20. So far none has gone traveling - I do not know if it is because they all had iPhones (I was sad to discover a different charging cord - CRAP!! And I had just finished be so happy things were finally going universal!).

As far as loud music, follow the same policy as for loud TVs. You have to knock on the door and ask them to keep it down. You could post a sign, but you know the story there..
When I got the plug-ins with USB chargers, each one came with a USB universal charging cord. Two of them got packed in the luggage (I will choose to assume inadvertently) so I went to our friendly Am az on and bought 10 of those cords for less than $20. So far none has gone traveling - I do not know if it is because they all had iPhones (I was sad to discover a different charging cord - CRAP!! And I had just finished be so happy things were finally going universal!).
We have ended up with so many 'i' chargers we give them away. Or at least loan them out.

Funny thing what people feel they can take. But our adapters have not grown feet they are all there.
What we lost last year was our cherries off the one tree. Our guest picked every one off while we were out shopping. Lost a bear. sweater. cutlery , sheets, Yet the adapter have stead ??? Strange

Funny thing what people feel they can take. But our adapters have not grown feet they are all there.
What we lost last year was our cherries off the one tree. Our guest picked every one off while we were out shopping. Lost a bear. sweater. cutlery , sheets, Yet the adapter have stead ??? Strange
For a while it was teaspoons... now it's forks.... sometimes I contemplate putting a hole through the bottom and attaching full sets with a chain, just so that if they walked off, they walked off equally.

We had clock radios with iPod docking in most of the rooms and loud music was never a problem either.
Best thing we had in the rooms was power strips with surge protectors. Our homes are totally restored with plenty of power outlets, too. Guests commented on how much the power strips were appreciated all the time. I really like the new ones with the USB port options.
We recently stayed at a really very nice larger inn and finding plugs for our electronic devices was a challenge and very frustrating. It's really a pain to have to move furniture to get to a power outlet and find that you can't use it because it's already full. Major fail.

We had clock radios with iPod docking in most of the rooms and loud music was never a problem either.
Best thing we had in the rooms was power strips with surge protectors. Our homes are totally restored with plenty of power outlets, too. Guests commented on how much the power strips were appreciated all the time. I really like the new ones with the USB port options.
We recently stayed at a really very nice larger inn and finding plugs for our electronic devices was a challenge and very frustrating. It's really a pain to have to move furniture to get to a power outlet and find that you can't use it because it's already full. Major fail..
Woohoo! I got something right!! I put power strip surge protectors in each room by the bed - have had more than a few sleep apnea machines, by the window where the A/C unit is, and recently got the multi-plugs with the USB ports for each room and I have a universal charging cable already plugged in for them in each room.

Back