Does anyone do an apple pancake?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i toss blueberries or chocolate bits onto the pancakes on the griddle for guests ... am thinking something like an apple pie filling would be yummy but have no recipe. am experimenting.
any ideas? little bits of chopped apple tossed with sugar and cinammon didn't quite get there.

My friend makes sweet potato pancakes with warm sliced gingered apples on top. Yum! I've made apple pancakes with finely diced apples before and they were good...they have to be sweet apples & toss in some cinnamon.

My mother makes THE best apple pancakes, just ask my kids and my brother's kids! All she did was put finely chopped apples into the batter (same way you would do blueberry or choco chip pancakes). They have to be juicy, sweet apples.
Now, what WE do is something different...you need about 1 apple per 2 servings...cut the apples into chunks, mix with maple syrup, butter & cinnamon and cook on the stove until almost 'chunky applesauce' consistency. (You can do all of that at night.) Reheat in the morning. Make regular pancakes and ladle the apple mixture onto the top. Serve with ice cream on the side.

i will try the cooked apple - the firm ripe apple seemed to be too hard --
thanks mucho
oh i love apple pies and apple crisp and dutch apple pie with the apple crisp topping. calories galore!!!!
heart.gif

[tr]I know you did not ask for this but I love it and it is easy.
GERMAN APPLE PANCAKES
[/td] [/td][/tr][tr]
PANCAKE:
3 lg. eggs
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. apples, thinly sliced
FILLING:
1 lb. tart, fresh apples
1/4 c. butter, melted
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
1/4 c. sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat together the eggs, milk, flour, and salt until very smooth. Add thinly sliced apples. In heavy skillet melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter. When very hot pour in batter and put skillet in oven. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees after 15 minutes and continue baking for another 10 minutes. During the first 10 minutes pancake may puff up in large bubbles, if it does, pierce thoroughly with a fork. While pancake is baking, prepare apples filling. Peel apples and thinly slice. Saute them in 1/4 cup butter and add 1/4 cup sugar. Season to taste with nutmeg and cinnamon. When pancake is done, put apple filling on one side and fold over top of pancake. Dust with powdered sugar.
[/td][/tr][/table]

GERMAN APPLE PANCAKES
[/td] [/td][/tr][tr]
PANCAKE:
3 lg. eggs
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
FILLING:
1 lb. tart, fresh apples
1/4 c. butter, melted
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
1/4 c. sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat together the eggs, milk, flour, and salt until very smooth. Add thinly sliced apples. In heavy skillet melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter. When very hot pour in batter and put skillet in oven. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees after 15 minutes and continue baking for another 10 minutes. During the first 10 minutes pancake may puff up in large bubbles, if it does, pierce thoroughly with a fork. While pancake is baking, prepare apples filling. Peel apples and thinly slice. Saute them in 1/4 cup butter and add 1/4 cup sugar. Season to taste with nutmeg and cinnamon. When pancake is done, put apple filling on one side and fold over top of pancake. Dust with powdered sugar.
[/td][/tr][/table].
In your version there are sliced applies in the puffy pancake itself?? I haven't tried these with guests...they deflate pretty quickly.

i will try the cooked apple - the firm ripe apple seemed to be too hard --
thanks mucho
oh i love apple pies and apple crisp and dutch apple pie with the apple crisp topping. calories galore!!!!
heart.gif
You might try grating the apple into shreds that could be chopped to mix into the batter. I do that with an apple for oatmeal and it works well even for crisp apples.

This is an easy, great french toast recipe that is delicious -- cripsy on outside, and soft on inside:
This makes 16 slices.
Day-old French Bread cut in 2 inch pieces
Soak overnight in:
6 Eggs
2 cps half and half cream
4 tblspns. butter melted
Bake 20 minutes, turn over, bake another 25 minutes.
Top with chopped, sauteed apples.

This is an easy, great french toast recipe that is delicious -- cripsy on outside, and soft on inside:
This makes 16 slices.
Soak overnight in:
6 Eggs
4 tblspns. butter melted
Top with chopped, sauteed apples..
That sounds delish! What size pan do you put that in? 11x13 or larger?

GERMAN APPLE PANCAKES
[/td] [/td][/tr][tr]
PANCAKE:
3 lg. eggs
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
FILLING:
1 lb. tart, fresh apples
1/4 c. butter, melted
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
1/4 c. sugar
[/td][/tr][/table].
In your version there are sliced applies in the puffy pancake itself?? I haven't tried these with guests...they deflate pretty quickly.
Yes they deflate quickly but that is the nature of the product..nothing wrong with it.

This makes 16 slices.
Soak overnight in:
6 Eggs
4 tblspns. butter melted
Top with chopped, sauteed apples..
Thanks! Sounds good, I'm going to try this
wink_smile.gif

Back