Does anyone have a good homemade Granola recipe?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes - I will add it to the recipe section. It is low fat and low sugar - adapted from the Orangette blog.

I couldn't figure out how to add a recipe so here's mine. I mix the dry ingredients together in baggies and put them in the freezer. Then I just need to take out a baggie & mix it with the honey and oil. If you don't have time to roast the nuts separately it still turns out good.
Art & Orchids Granola
Coarsely chop one cup of raw macadamia nuts. Put on a cookie sheet and put in a 300 degree oven for 3 minutes. Mix around so they turn over and bake another 2-3 minutes or until they look done enough for you.
Meanwhile in a medium bowl combine
2 T vegetable oil
½ cup honey
Add to it
2 cups raw oatmeal
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup oat bran or wheat germ
After the mac nuts are roasted, mix them with the dry ingredients, then mix everything together. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Turn over and bake another 10 minutes. This may be enough baking for your taste or you could bake it another 5 minutes or so if you like it crispy.
You may not be able to get raw macadamia nuts; other nuts would probably be fine. Roast them separately to bring out the flavor.
Art & Orchids Granola
Coarsely chop one cup of raw macadamia nuts. Put on a cookie sheet and put in a 300 degree oven for 3 minutes. Mix around so they turn over and bake another 2-3 minutes or until they look done enough for you.
Meanwhile in a medium bowl combine
2 T vegetable oil
½ cup honey
Add to it and combine
2 cups raw oatmeal
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup oat bran or wheat germ
After the mac nuts are roasted, mix them with the dry ingredients, then mix everything together. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Turn over and bake another 10 minutes. This may be enough baking for your taste or you could bake it another 5 minutes or so if you like it crispy.
You may not be able to get raw macadamia nuts; other nuts would probably be fine. Roast them separately to bring out the flavor.

Just saw this and thought of you FD. A nice simple delicious recipe!
[FONT= 'Trebuchet MS']Cherry Almond Granola Recipe[/FONT][/h1]recipe here

You can use olive oil in place of the vegetable oil and it's even healthier. Just use the lighter stuff and it doesn't affect the flavor.

Back