Does google read our email?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This is a no brainer of course, but thought I would bring it up as I have google ads in my "gmail" account (yes google mail) that pertain to every email I open. It is obvious it reads my email. Just another confirmation that nothing is personal.

It doesn't really "read" per se. Mathematically they put weights to every word in an email and then mathematically decide which words are the most important and present an ad based on that. That's not really reading it. It doesn't really understand anything.
On the other hand, install an ad blocker and you don't have to see the ads anyways.

Yahoo does the same thing. They underline words they want you to click on. It's annoying.

FB does the same... just keep an eye at the ads to the right, if it can find an ad that matches info in your messages they will appear on the side.

I live up the road from the a hugh spy base that's job it is to listen to everything (phone, email radio etc) for the whole of europe for terrorist and security threats. I they listen to my phone they must be board stupid! LOL

I live up the road from the a hugh spy base that's job it is to listen to everything (phone, email radio etc) for the whole of europe for terrorist and security threats. I they listen to my phone they must be board stupid! LOL.
Wow! You have your own spook listening post.... but it isn't as interesting as the show, though.

Back