does magic zymes really work on pet and people odor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i am helping at an elderly person's boarding house arrangement.
two odors linger in the place.
two dogs, four cats and an incontinence problem. the dogs use puppy pads and have accidents, the cats are indoor cats with litter boxes.
i am at my wit's end.
try as i can to clean, the air is not fresh ... ever ... unless i have windows open all around. fall is here and they get cold. so all windows are getting buttoned up.
i just brought in groceries and ... ugh. not trying to be offensive here. but it's not nice.
will magic zymes help? or other suggestion? i just KNOW you will come up with some ideas.

Unfortunately, while the animals are still there, the odors will be too.
Baking soda will help - mix in the litter box, sprinkle in the carpets and vac after about 15 minutes, etc. You can try some commercial pet odor cleaners as well. If it's possible to bathe the animals regularly, that helps.
But basically....if they are there, so are the smells.

Try Natures Miracle, i found tat really worked even on cat urine odor

plus the pet hair!!!! it gets into everything ... i will look for nature's miracle, too.
i think it is visitors and myself that notice the odors, really. not the residents.

I haven't found that it works on smoking odors or pet odors. I haven't tried it on anything else.

With all the pets still being there it will be hard to get rid of the smell but I would give Magic Zymes a try. I use it a lot and I am happy for the most part. It gets rid of that perfume smell people leave behind and I do spray my dogs bed with it and it does help to some degree. What about one of those plug in air cleaners?

unfortunately, it's not just the pet odor, but also the incontinence problem. Magic Zymes will certainly help, but I don't think it will take care of the problem. The human smell is probably in the mattresses and furniture. You might want to contact an assisted living facility to ask them what product they use.

As another post said, the residents don't smell it as they are immune. If this has been going on for quite some time, the odor is embedded in all the material in the home. The pet urine is embedded in the flooring as pets don't always fully hit the mark.
The best overall product I have found is OdoBan (Sam's carries it or order it online), but this product does have a scent (pleasant) of its own. You can also use it in the wash.
Bless your heart!

Using Magic-Zymes (MZ) will DEFINITELY get rid of the odors you are experiencing. Because MZ will work by either spraying it on the source of the odor or by placing some in an open container such as a custard-size Tupperware dish and then placing that container wherever the odor is the worst and just by evaporation the odor will be eliminated.
Please call me, Larry Nelson, on my toll free number, 866-478-2368 (8 AM to 6 PM EDT) and I will be glad to discuss your problem in greater detail and send you a couple of samples you can try to see how good MZ works to get rid of unwanted odors.
BTW, MZ is completely non-toxic and totally safe to use around pets and humans.

unfortunately, it's not just the pet odor, but also the incontinence problem. Magic Zymes will certainly help, but I don't think it will take care of the problem. The human smell is probably in the mattresses and furniture. You might want to contact an assisted living facility to ask them what product they use..
We have found that you can successfully get rid of urine odors that are in furniture, mattresses, etc. by placing the Magic-Zymes in a syringe and injecting it into where the odor is coming from. We have had any number of customers whose pets have urinated on mattresses, chairs, couches, etc. successfully get rid of this type odor permanently by employing the syringe technique.
If you would like to discuss this further, please call me (8 AM - 6 PM EDT) on my toll free number, 866-478-2368.

I haven't found that it works on smoking odors or pet odors. I haven't tried it on anything else..
Magic-Zymes will definitely get rid of smoke odors if it is used correctly, i.e., it needs to be applied on any surface that tends to absorb odors. These would be such things as drapes, bedspreads, cloth seating surfaces, and carpeting or rugs. You can also leave an open container of Magic-Zymes in the room that will get rid of unwanted odors as they are generated.
Feel free to call us on our toll free number, 866-478-2368, if you would like to discuss this in greater detail.

Back