does this make anyone else cross?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Was watching 3 in a bed which is a program where 3 B&B owners stay at each others places and say what they think. In the first episode one of the B&B's wasn't part of an accredited scheme he had just bought 4 stars from the hardwear shop and stuck them on his sign. The other two owners were cross as one was 5 star gold (this is the highest possible rating and you have to amazing) and the other one 5. I would be miffed if I had fought for my stars and paid a fee to be accredited and he had just bought his! And he was like why are you cross? or is this just me? (We are 4 and pay $1000 a year for the privalidge)

Yeah, that would wind me up, too! But, keep in mind, that reality TV shows have to have 'drama' or no one will watch them. There was one here in the States that was an actress & her husband who supposedly bought this B&B and were running it. Turns out it was never sold to them, it was all a big put on, but the real owner had tons of fun turning people away like they weren't good enough to stay there.
They started out making lots of nasty comments about what they weren't going to be and how they were going to be really cool & chic 'so unlike any other B&B.' Yeesh, gimme a break.

There is nothing real about a reality tv show. No matter what, they will always portray in the worst light, this is how they get ratings, like Mortie said, DRAMA.
The trouble is just how many people in this world believe in this crap.
And regarding to these ratings... I think they all are a bunch of malarkey. IMMHO You must have xyz to fit into this rating, no pool? down a star. And they try to fit B&B's in the same catagories as hotels which does not work. Also there are some sites that a B&B can have only a 3 rating - what's up with that?
And to have to pay to be rated is just another gimmick for these companies to milk businesses. I have been to many Ax3 rated hotels that were horrible but they paid so they are rated ( at least that is how I feel after staying in some of them).

I agree that the rating system has plenty of problems - not least a lack of proper regulation - but if they thought thet were above the system then they should have just stuck to their guns and remained star-less rather than going out and buying their own stars, which comes accross as sneaky and dishonest. One or the other! (I saw that episode too!)

Back