Dog in the room

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do people DO this?
stay where they want and make their own rules.
to bring a dog and lock it in the room ... unfair to you, unfair to other guests ... unfair to the dog.
all i can think is that what you charged for cleanup was less than boarding the dog overnight.
smokers (in my opinion) don't think you can tell they have been smoking. they become less aware of the smell. i have a friend who smokes in her kitchen and blows the smoke out the window. you can smell it on her and at the place she stands. she does NOT believe this is true.
sad_smile.gif

I threaten smokers with a $300 "deep cleaning fee". Might do the same in my "no pets" notice.
I probably wouldn't charge that much, depending on the case, but it's good to lay an amount like that out there for all to see. (I would charge even more than $300 if the damages warranted it.).
Arkansawyer said:
I threaten smokers with a $300 "deep cleaning fee". Might do the same in my "no pets" notice.
I lived with a kid who used to want to know the punishment before he committed the crime. Having that kind of history, I look at these sorts of notices as 'paid permission' to smoke in the room. Our registration form simply states the guest will be charged for any damages or lost revenue due to damages. How much is up to me.
Morticia said:
...I look at these sorts of notices as 'paid permission' to smoke in the room...
Indeed, some people are rich enough to do the deed and pay the fine painlessly, so how about, "...a $300 charge or 6 weeks in the county jail."
I'll put "$300 or more" and leave the upper limit open.
I do like the idea of mentioning a charge for lost revenue in addition to repair/cleaning charges.
Arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
...I look at these sorts of notices as 'paid permission' to smoke in the room...
Indeed, some people are rich enough to do the deed and pay the fine painlessly,
Those sorts are not the ones I get (
cry_smile.gif
) So by putting the starting amount you are saying 'here is the starting figure' but that may not be all.... It is not on our website, but is included in the confirmation since we have now included the penalty for sneaking in a pet. Smoking you can wait til they arrive to show your enforcement but once they arrive with a pet in tow it is a larger issue.
You must have the penalty high enough to make a strong impression.
These people do not realize that the animal is disturbing others as well. The one that was here, pocket pooch, cried, howled and scratched all night. The people in rooms around them could not sleep. These people had checked in and left the pooch most of the night to go gamble/party and did not come back in til breakfast time. That was the first time for this to happen and now the policy may hopefully have it the last.
for me a dog is worce - we are lucky and none so far have tried sneeking one in - and we do have several pet friendly neighbours which I think helps. Dogs scratch, chew and wee when they are upset or in strange surroundings its that simple this is not fixable - smell you can get rid of in 24 hours if you have to.

Yap! Those who are smoker should smok Outside the room or far from nonsmker. It will help a nonsmoker to keep him from danger. I love this topic and grateful information. Hope it will appriciate do batter job the smoker. Nice blog and keep it up. I'm looking for your next adjustment. Thanks
www.mycozycanine.com/dog-houses/

I probably wouldn't charge that much, depending on the case, but it's good to lay an amount like that out there for all to see. (I would charge even more than $300 if the damages warranted it.).
Arkansawyer said:
I lived with a kid who used to want to know the punishment before he committed the crime. Having that kind of history, I look at these sorts of notices as 'paid permission' to smoke in the room. Our registration form simply states the guest will be charged for any damages or lost revenue due to damages. How much is up to me.
Morticia said:
Indeed, some people are rich enough to do the deed and pay the fine painlessly, so how about, "...a $300 charge or 6 weeks in the county jail."
I do like the idea of mentioning a charge for lost revenue in addition to repair/cleaning charges.
Arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
cry_smile.gif
) So by putting the starting amount you are saying 'here is the starting figure' but that may not be all.... It is not on our website, but is included in the confirmation since we have now included the penalty for sneaking in a pet. Smoking you can wait til they arrive to show your enforcement but once they arrive with a pet in tow it is a larger issue.
These people do not realize that the animal is disturbing others as well. The one that was here, pocket pooch, cried, howled and scratched all night. The people in rooms around them could not sleep. These people had checked in and left the pooch most of the night to go gamble/party and did not come back in til breakfast time. That was the first time for this to happen and now the policy may hopefully have it the last.
for me a dog is worce - we are lucky and none so far have tried sneeking one in - and we do have several pet friendly neighbours which I think helps. Dogs scratch, chew and wee when they are upset or in strange surroundings its that simple this is not fixable - smell you can get rid of in 24 hours if you have to.
...we are lucky and none so far have tried sneeking one in...
As far as you know, that is.

Arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
Arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
cry_smile.gif
...we are lucky and none so far have tried sneeking one in...
As far as you know, that is.
there are enough dog friendly places where I am that its not an issue if you want to bring your dog - ie majestic hotel opposite me is over 200 bedrooms and takes dogs in every one.

Shameful! We did not have that problem with dogs, but we did have a couple of folks sneak in babies into our second house. Just easier to do because it wasn't also "our" personal space, I guess. But I think this kinds of disregard for the inn's policies are disrespectful.
You probably didn't charge enough...but you'll figure the charge out if it ever happens again.

Back