Doing Diner Dollars

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I finally created the Jimmy's Diner Dollars! I made them $5 to make it easier to use them - Jimmy;s prices are not that much. on Thursday $4.99 gets you salad, bread, and all you can eat spaghetti or riggaoni. Jimmy laughed when he saw them. Anyone who books 2-consecutive nights gets four of the $5 Jimmy Diner Dollars. Here is hoping....
JimmyDinerDollar%20002_0.jpg

That is cute.... but given the design, what keeps someone from copying them and showing up to Jimmy's with $500 in Jimmy dollars? Seems like you need some fine print on there of some kind that protects you and Jimmy both.

I just started offering light meals for my guests. Earlier this week sold small hoagies and chips for $5. That also buys a small bread bowl with cheese dip or cheese and crackers. Trying to be creative in my slow season. That worked particularly well since my guest had a disabled husband with a walker.
C

So Jimmy agrees to take a $5 hit (basically give away) his meals to your guests? You reimburse Jimmy the $5? Unsure how this works.

That is cute.... but given the design, what keeps someone from copying them and showing up to Jimmy's with $500 in Jimmy dollars? Seems like you need some fine print on there of some kind that protects you and Jimmy both..
I printed Shinnston Community Band on the back of the ones I donated to the Band for him. Mine will have my name printed on the back so I can reclaim them,

So Jimmy agrees to take a $5 hit (basically give away) his meals to your guests? You reimburse Jimmy the $5? Unsure how this works..
No, Jimmy gives me a deal. He knows how much business I send him and he also knows I have him on my web site and put him on the State Tourism web site, If I do a doanated package I can include a dinner at Jimmy's and when I tell him I put one on a package he just says, let me know when they are coming.... I am very fortunate with the local businesses cooperating.

So Jimmy agrees to take a $5 hit (basically give away) his meals to your guests? You reimburse Jimmy the $5? Unsure how this works..
No, Jimmy gives me a deal. He knows how much business I send him and he also knows I have him on my web site and put him on the State Tourism web site, If I do a doanated package I can include a dinner at Jimmy's and when I tell him I put one on a package he just says, let me know when they are coming.... I am very fortunate with the local businesses cooperating.
I think the dollars are just adorable.
I've had lots of success with packaging gift certificates to popular local restaurants as incentives for multiple night bookings. They're good for everyone. Takes some of the mystery out of where guests will eat at least one of their meals, helps local businesses who will turn around and help you when they can. And folks really do look for reasons to book more than 1 night at a time.
All in all, a great idea and the dollars are just too adorable for anyone not to love.

Wonderful! The diner dollars are priceless and it's such a great way to build partnerships.
We just started something similar that allows guests to spend $50 a day and at any business in our community and get reimbursed by us. Went over it with a few of business partners and it has a lot of promise. Best of all, we actually want our guests to spend to the limit every day. We're going to be getting the word out to community businesses during the first quarter and set up some simple means where the guest lets the business know they are using the receipt for a discount at our inn and gets a code or signature on their receipt. In the end, the guest gets a discount, the business knows we're sending folks to them, and we build good will and increase our reservations. This is one of the specials we are implementing as we do away with our rate tier system.

Thanks for the explanation.
C

Back