Don't forget to "spring ahead" this weekend!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to go around and change all the clocks now and put little signs on them. Thanks for the reminder!

Oh how exciting! we now LOSE an hour's sleep-but the good thing is that we have longer days...loving it! I always feel so renewed in Spring and winter here was pretty mild, im hoping for a nice early spring in our new location!

BTW, started chenging the clocks yesterday because all day I was thinking it was Saturday. Duh.

and? How many didn't show on time? (or yet)
We had one room, even with a big sign. We rapped on their door at 915am and said "Breakfast is served" no response. They just showed up.

We had one room, even with a big sign. We rapped on their door at 915am and said "Breakfast is served" no response. They just showed up..
All were seated before 8:30, most were seated before 8! And on a Sunday to boot.
Most of them were checked out by 9:15!

We had one room, even with a big sign. We rapped on their door at 915am and said "Breakfast is served" no response. They just showed up..
All were seated before 8:30, most were seated before 8! And on a Sunday to boot.
Madeleine said:
Ten minutes to 11am here and no one is checked out yet...
You just NEVER KNOW!
Today we take the dog for a special dog event, a 2.5 mile hike with a ton of other (well behaved) dogs as part of a fundraiser for a shelter. S/b fun if these guests ever check out... I am looking into starting this at our state parks, a sunday after noon "dog park" hike sorta thing. They have special dog events, but not a regular time to park it, picnic and hike like this. I think it would be a great end to the weekend!
BTW We mowed our lawns first time for 2012 yesterday, I lovew the smell of freshly mowed grass...Spring is in the air!

Madeleine said:
You just NEVER KNOW!
Today we take the dog for a special dog event, a 2.5 mile hike with a ton of other (well behaved) dogs as part of a fundraiser for a shelter. S/b fun if these guests ever check out... I am looking into starting this at our state parks, a sunday after noon "dog park" hike sorta thing. They have special dog events, but not a regular time to park it, picnic and hike like this. I think it would be a great end to the weekend!
BTW We mowed our lawns first time for 2012 yesterday, I lovew the smell of freshly mowed grass...Spring is in the air!
I don't even have a lawn yet. Which is ok. I cannot imagine having to start outdoor maintenance now.
Our earliest check outs left the windows open and the heat at 80. So, the room sat empty like that for 3 hours until we got to it. The tip covered the fuel oil costs. Always the way. You would think by now I would just go thru each room immediately and shut everything off.

Madeleine said:
You just NEVER KNOW!
I mowed the yards and put down weed & feed for the first time this year last Thursday! Also, trimmed up a couple of beds and raked out leaves. We had rain on Friday which was perfect for the lawn. Next door is green but our zoysia is just starting to green up...it will be awhile before our lawn is green and lush. The dogwoods are in full bloom.
I guess I'd rather do early lawn stuff than ever have to shovel snow again....
regular_smile.gif

Madeleine said:
You just NEVER KNOW!
I don't even have a lawn yet. Which is ok. I cannot imagine having to start outdoor maintenance now.
Our earliest check outs left the windows open and the heat at 80. So, the room sat empty like that for 3 hours until we got to it. The tip covered the fuel oil costs. Always the way. You would think by now I would just go thru each room immediately and shut everything off.
Awww, don't you HATE that! It's right up there with putting the AC on full bast and opening the windows, or using the AC and heat together.
No mowing here yet, but I have had primrose in bloom continuously since November! What a wacky winter.

What I do is put a HUGE sign on the front and back doors both sides saying remember clocks go forward or back as appropriate seems to work.

Back