Don't say they're not out there...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, for all the early/late arrival/they never call complaints...my guests called an hour ago to say they would not be arriving early and they wanted us to know so we didn't wait around for them.

Yeah - We have always had very considerate guests and we often get calls on arrival day- sometimes to confirm directions, sometimes to let us know a plan change, sometimes to make a request or inquire about dinner.

i guess in all of the venting we do about the rude inconsiderate guests, it is easy for us to overlook the ones who are considerate of our feeling, home, belongings, policies, etc. those are the folks we wish to "reward" by doing that little something extra for them

i guess in all of the venting we do about the rude inconsiderate guests, it is easy for us to overlook the ones who are considerate of our feeling, home, belongings, policies, etc. those are the folks we wish to "reward" by doing that little something extra for them.
You are right. 99% of our guests were just fine! :) We tend to focus on the problematic ones because all of us here understand and commiserate. "walk in my shoes" so to speak.

Here, here!
I'd have to concur that the majority are kind, considerate and proactively interested in being appreciative of our efforts.
Its that lousy couple of percent that stick out like sore thumbs and in my memory bank.
Trying to remember the above mentioned 95+% seems to be an exercise me and anyone else wanting to do this wonderful vocation for the long haul should partake of regularly.

Here, here!
I'd have to concur that the majority are kind, considerate and proactively interested in being appreciative of our efforts.
Its that lousy couple of percent that stick out like sore thumbs and in my memory bank.
Trying to remember the above mentioned 95+% seems to be an exercise me and anyone else wanting to do this wonderful vocation for the long haul should partake of regularly..
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
BUT, those guests make for the best stories. We're up to what? 37,000 posts on here? NOT, certainly because of the wonderful guests!

Wow! 37,000 posts!
To think I thought all these issues only happened to me and nobody else ever had a single thing to rant about until I joined. LOL
I really enjoy the blend of both good, bad and informative topics around here.
It certainly cuts down on any feelings of being out there in the woods alone, trying to figure it all on your own that creeps in from time to time.
Thanks.

Wow! 37,000 posts!
To think I thought all these issues only happened to me and nobody else ever had a single thing to rant about until I joined. LOL
I really enjoy the blend of both good, bad and informative topics around here.
It certainly cuts down on any feelings of being out there in the woods alone, trying to figure it all on your own that creeps in from time to time.
Thanks..
Yep..this is the whole point. We are not in it alone and sharing / venting..whatever you want....does help because you know we know what you are talking about
cheers.gif

a while back, i saw people discussing what number person they were to sign up on the forum. How do i find out what number i was? It's not hugely important, I'm just curious.

a while back, i saw people discussing what number person they were to sign up on the forum. How do i find out what number i was? It's not hugely important, I'm just curious..
mollysmom said:
a while back, i saw people discussing what number person they were to sign up on the forum. How do i find out what number i was? It's not hugely important, I'm just curious.
If you just hover the mouse over your userid, it should show your user number. You're 148.

a while back, i saw people discussing what number person they were to sign up on the forum. How do i find out what number i was? It's not hugely important, I'm just curious..
mollysmom said:
If you just hover the mouse over your userid, it should show your user number. You're 148.
hmmm...all i get is "view user profile" but now i know what # i am. How many people are "official" members of the forum. (Is that even something i'm allowed to know/ask?)

mollysmom said:
hmmm...all i get is "view user profile" but now i know what # i am. How many people are "official" members of the forum. (Is that even something i'm allowed to know/ask?)
mollysmom said:
I don't think it's state secret or anything...395 users have created accounts. Some of them are not active, some have been terminated due to bad behavior (mostly vendors who refuse to say they are vendors and then spambot accounts and one lone innkeeper who threatened a few people and would not cease & desist), some have left voluntarily.
Swirt knows how many active accounts there are.

Congrats Bree! Glad you had some nice folks. That NEVER happens here (calling to tell us they will be early, late, etc.)...so enjoy it while ya got it!

Congrats Bree! Glad you had some nice folks. That NEVER happens here (calling to tell us they will be early, late, etc.)...so enjoy it while ya got it!.
They even called back to say they would now be late. VERY nice family.

While on vacation earlier this month I knew we were going to be later than we said we where to check in at the B&B we were staying at, so I called the Innkeeper and let her know. This is what I have learned from you guys! Before it would have NEVER crossed my mind.

While on vacation earlier this month I knew we were going to be later than we said we where to check in at the B&B we were staying at, so I called the Innkeeper and let her know. This is what I have learned from you guys! Before it would have NEVER crossed my mind..
THANK YOU! :)

We booked a place away this weekend and when I called to book it they asked me outright if I would be arriving later they will have a check in note for us.
We arrived at 7pm and there was the note. We could take our time and arrive when we arrived and it was EXCELLENT!
I said to DH why oh why do we think we MUST have this personal greeting every single time. After 5 hours driving I was tired, SUPER thirsty (as I withheld fluids for the drive time) and hungry. The best thing was to just check in and kick back, shower, refresh and not have the burden - yes I said burden - of chit chat with innkeepers. So that is my perspective from this weekend.
Another innkeeper on this forum made it simple - arriving after check in time (3 to 7) then there is a self check in note. I am going to do this from now on. I already have on my in-room check in sheets that after 6pm is family time, and how to reach us for stuff.

i guess in all of the venting we do about the rude inconsiderate guests, it is easy for us to overlook the ones who are considerate of our feeling, home, belongings, policies, etc. those are the folks we wish to "reward" by doing that little something extra for them.
You are right. 99% of our guests were just fine! :) We tend to focus on the problematic ones because all of us here understand and commiserate. "walk in my shoes" so to speak.
catlady said:
I have told guests that all guests blend together into one pleasant guest - except the bad ones!

Here, here!
Trying to remember the above mentioned 95+% seems to be an exercise me and anyone else wanting to do this wonderful vocation for the long haul should partake of regularly..
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
BUT, those guests make for the best stories. We're up to what? 37,000 posts on here? NOT, certainly because of the wonderful guests!
Bree said:
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
Sometimes we are >>>shy<<< about posting really great guest stories or someone might think we are bragging.
embaressed_smile.gif
So often times we leave those stories off the forum.

Back