Don't Steal the Towels!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The towels we had in Vegas had those. At least that's what I think was so scratchy! (BTW, my parents were given a free upgrade at the Excalibur over the weekend- they must think we love the place, all those people with the same-unusual- name keep returning!)

The towels we had in Vegas had those. At least that's what I think was so scratchy! (BTW, my parents were given a free upgrade at the Excalibur over the weekend- they must think we love the place, all those people with the same-unusual- name keep returning!).
You likely wouldn't notice the chip. It's small and likely sewn into the end. Their towels are scratchy because they don't use fabric softener!

The towels we had in Vegas had those. At least that's what I think was so scratchy! (BTW, my parents were given a free upgrade at the Excalibur over the weekend- they must think we love the place, all those people with the same-unusual- name keep returning!).
You likely wouldn't notice the chip. It's small and likely sewn into the end. Their towels are scratchy because they don't use fabric softener!
Eric Arthur Blair said:
The towels are scratchy because they're cheap! I hate it when the towel allows me to flash because they're too small! (When I buy towels I wrap them around me while I'm still in the store, allow for shrinkage and buy larger if I have to!)

Eric Arthur Blair said:
The towels are scratchy because they're cheap! I hate it when the towel allows me to flash because they're too small! (When I buy towels I wrap them around me while I'm still in the store, allow for shrinkage and buy larger if I have to!)
Alibi Ike said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Me too! And that is a LOT of wrapping (around me that is).

Eric Arthur Blair said:
My parents used to import towels and such. One year a company decided to buy their sets from a competitor because they were cheaper. A few months later they were back with us. So, how had the competitor made their sets cheaper? They made single sided towels... terry was only on one side of the towel.
Incidentally, I have to be very careful with any material before it has been washed. I'm allergic to the formaldehyde that they use to make material soft before it is sold.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
My parents used to import towels and such. One year a company decided to buy their sets from a competitor because they were cheaper. A few months later they were back with us. So, how had the competitor made their sets cheaper? They made single sided towels... terry was only on one side of the towel.
Incidentally, I have to be very careful with any material before it has been washed. I'm allergic to the formaldehyde that they use to make material soft before it is sold.
So, how had the competitor made their sets cheaper? They made single sided towels... terry was only on one side of the towel.
Bet they didn't get many (any) repeat customers.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
So, how had the competitor made their sets cheaper? They made single sided towels... terry was only on one side of the towel.
Bet they didn't get many (any) repeat customers.
They bought them sight unseen and they just sat on the shelves, waiting to be liquidated. Cheaper isn't better.... it's just cheaper :)

Back